I'm new to this board.

I'm 27, male, with no diagnosed diseases. Recently I had a battery of blood work done (the usual, cholesterol, enzyme/vitamin levels, thyroid) and nothing abnormal was found. I have no history of neurological diseases in either side of my family. I do not have high blood pressure. I am very myopic however and I do have mild astigmatism.

About 3 years ago, after a prolonged episode of drug addiction, I experienced a feeling of "head pressure" that got steadily worse. That part may be important... it started off as tolerable, and over time, got worse and worse. It is now at an unbearable stage, and shows few signs of slowing down. It is almost a constant sensation--it can occur anywhere in or around my head, no preference for any side or area. It also extends into my neck (usually around the left side of my neck--I am concerned if the carotid artery could be involved.)

Much more alarmingly, along with the head pressure getting worse, other symptoms have slowly appeared.. few, if any, going away. Whatever new symptom crops up, seems to stay. These symptoms include:

- Lots of floaters in the eye, which may appear out of nowhere and change on the fly--tolerable, but very annoying
- Numbness/slight lack of sensation on different areas of the body
- Visual problems, most noticeably (right now) is double vision, slight difficulty moving my eye muscles (seems to be tied in with head pressure)
- The double vision started 6-7 months ago, it just seems as if the "calibration" of my eyes is slightly off... hard to describe though.
- Muscle spasms/stiffness/postural problems, makes for awkward walking, but no actual problems with mobility. Could be partially due to sitting in front of a computer too long, lack of proper exercise, etc.
-Very stiff neck
-Snapping jaw, like it's out of alignment
-My constipation (always a problem) is out of control

The head pressure was the first symptom.

So, there are several aspects to this "thing" I have. I do have an anxiety disorder but low incidence of actual panic attacks. However, panic feelings can occasionally come from caffeine. Caffeine ingestion seems to cause occasional blurred vision and floaters, but not always. It has been often suggested that high anxiety could cause the symptoms I have, but I have doubts that anxiety could cause all of them, especially the "permanent" things I have now like double-vision and trouble with eye muscle movement.

I would be willing to provide further details, but this post is getting too long.

So, is anyone familiar with the head pressure at least, and found a way to relieve it?

Is anyone familiar with an "accompanying list of symptoms" similar to mine?

I have not had any MRI or CT scans done yet, or anything else, because I don't really have the insurance for it. (I must note, it is difficult for me to work in this condition because the head pressure + other symptoms makes it very hard to concentrate.)

Needing help,
Batman

It would be interesting to hear what was diagnosed to you? I am experiencing very similar symptoms, it is quite frightening I should say.

All I can say is that I have the same thing: constant head pressure, increased after eating. My blood pressure is normal. It is not painful but completely interrupts my concentration as you say. Sometimes I am able to "imagine" releasing it through the top of my head which leads to a feeleing of the body and mind relaxing. But when things are bad, it just fills right up again. Very hard to get anything done when this si happening to me.

i have all of this and i was diagnosed with possible ms i am suppose to go back for my spinal tap soon when i get the money

I smoked weed everyday for the past two years. Then around a month ago or so ago I started having severe panic attacks. Increased heart rate, numbness, tingly, sweating and chills, it was a mess. Then I quit smoking cold turkey. Now I am having crazy headaches, pressure in my head in all kinds of areas and its always different every day. Seeing double sometimes, my left ear goes deaf.. I hear crackling in my head and it absolutely freaks me out. And on top of that I feel like it is causing my heart to freak out. The doctors keep saying it is anxiety but I have never had anxiety my entire life. Im 21, I'm in good shape, I'm in college and have really nothing to be "anxious" about. These symptoms are real and everyone thinks I am crazy. So you are not alone. Ive had blood tests, ekg's on my heart, and all I have left is a CT scan. It is miserable. It's ruining my life.

Environmental toxins can cause these symptoms. My symptoms have been linked to chemicals. They started when my employer shampooed the very old and moldy carpet, twice, before replacing it with new.  They turned fans on to speed drying time which circulated the chemicals everywhere. The air smelled like dirty, moldy carpet after the shampooings. 

Vertigo & head pressure started then and I'm still dealing with it over a year later. The symptoms gradually worsened until I could not function.  Had all the tests & nothing was found. My neurologist prescribed Gabapentin to try and it improved my head pressure right away. He also sent me to a physical therapist who specializes in neurological issues.  Exercises slowly helped.  I slowly got back to normal & then fell back to square one after having my hair foiled & highlighted - spent almost 3 hours breathing the chemicals. I read about ammonia & it can cause all kinds of neurological problems.  Later, I used polyurethane to coat a door and severe head pressure & vertigo returned the next day and took a week to feel better. Haven't fully recovered since then, but getting better.  I read about juicing and how green juices help detoxify the body.  I started feeling much better after drinking organic juices daily.  Exposure to environmental toxins & chemicals in the water might also be a cause.  I bought a reverse osmosis water filter that removes the chloramine (chlorine + ammonia) that is now commonly added to tap water. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

its stress, adrenal fatigue... simple.. why maybe more complicated

Lymes disease in advanced stages can cause neurological symptoms. Diagnosed through spinal tap.