I am a white female of 35. I am also a health nut. I have a naturopathic Dr. and am a vegetarian. I recently moved into a new rental home and two weks later began getting daily headaches, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, dizziness, ringing in ears. I had originally thought it was something in the house...in a spedific room....but tests have come back negative for anything abnormal. I have never had any health isuues like this in my life. At one point I ended up in the hospital...all those tests came up negative also. I had a hair analysis that was negative for heavy metals. I am taking milk thistle which seems to help for some reason, but am still off balance and getting headaches. I am so confused. My next test will be an MRI. Could this be some sort of a tumor? Anyone else out there have an issue like this?

You've had the inside of your new home checked - Is there anything suspicious in the area outside your home? Overhead wires, cell masts /towers ,etc. (they have to be located every 1800m I believe, for cell coverage) or can you think of any possible sources of electrical stress or radiation?? This can be a cause of all of your symptoms...
Karen

I, too, am suffering from nausea, ringing in ears, etc. I live within 100 feet of a city communication tower. Now, in addition to my own physical problems, my telephone has a ticking sound if I hold it on the tower side of my condo, and no ticking sound if I hold it on the other side. My vertigo get worse by the day along with nausea. Could this tower be the cause, and, if so how do I get a test done?

Could it possibly be carbon monoxide poisoning?? Symptoms sound sort of like it...and if away from source..maybe out of your body by the time you are treated?? Or maybe check outside area too, like someone said.

I have been experiencing the same symptoms - the mucus builds up and drains into my throat - at night when I am sleeping the mucus builds and when I awake and try to get up, dizzy spins. body aches, this happens when the weather get colder around 65 degrees. I been to the doctors - ear nose, throat, did the ear test & ok, suggested MRI, I refused , did the steroids, not better. 1 year later it's back but worse. I have tried sinus medication and the ringing in my left ear is worse. My general doctor told me that I am depressed.
Doctors are clueless on this.

I got nearly the same answers from my doctor and I have very similar symptoms. They have suggested an MRI but I have balked so far because of costs and the fact that they seem to have no idea what is wrong.

Addtionally I have chronic insomnia that causes trouble about 2-3 nights per week.

I am having the same kind of symptons. I am wondering - I was working with moderately loud electrical tools outside, on a cherry picker, looking and holding my head up and down - and moving up and down in the cherry picker and from side to side. I am wondering if it could just be a combination of all the movements that I am not use to getting my equilabrium off a little - and the ringing just from the loud noise of the gridder? It has been going on the whole time I have been working on this project - but seems to be much worse the last couple of days. I am wondering if it could be a cumalative type effect?

I just logged on to see if I could find any other answers for these symptoms, but everytime I look I come back to my last diagnosis, which is fibromyalgia. I got an account on this site just to answer the above posts. Some of your symptoms sound like they could be fibro or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). Unfortunaltey these syndromes won't show up on tests of xrays at least not yet. I went to doctor after doctor for several years before finally going to a rheumatologist and getting the true diagnosis. Other friends who had similar symptoms and had already gotten their dx told me to try a Rhuemy. Before that visit all other tests for almost everything under the sun came back negative. So I would suggest going to the best Rhuemy you can find, because apparently which one you go to makes a difference also. I pray you all find answers and relief. You might log onto a fibro site and see if any of the other symptoms match. God Bless you and keep you.

i am 21 & i have tinnitus. my original symptoms sound very similar. i could hear ringing & buzzing noises that nobody else could hear & it was often difficult to pinpoint exactly which ear they were coming out of. i had blocked stuffiness in my ears too. this in turn often made me feel dizzy & i often felt like i just wasn't mentally there. i had a headache & a sore throat practically every day & it exhausted me.

the doctor immediately picked up that it could be tinnitus & i was referred to the hospital to an ears, nose & throat specialist who did hearing tests, balance tests ( which i failed spectacularly :-P ) & even blood tests. when they suggested i had an mri my immediate reaction was to panic because i thought they suspected a tumour or something horrific but they explained that the mri would simply highlight areas of the brain that can indicate nerve damage from the brain to the ears which will affect hearing.

tinnitus is strongly linked to stress so it is possible the process of moving house is what brought on your tinnitus. i'm at university & it was the stress of that which brought on mine along with me being naturally quite anxious & a worrier.

i hope this helps.

I can't believe how many people there are with similar symptoms. I just wished for more updates. Did anyone find out anything?

I'm a 33 year old female teacher. In the summer, I started getting ringing in my ears and a persistent headache in my forehead. ENT dismissed it as being nothing of concern and said to come back in a year for another hearing test. Ringing got much louder and I couldn't sleep. Very stressed out. If it wasn't for the help of my Naturopathic doctor (the one doctor who actually listened), I would have lost my mind. Through his treatments, the ringing volume has really dropped.

Since then, however, the headaches have worsened to constant pain all day long, 7 days a week. Doctors thought it was sinus related so I went for allergy tests, which were negative, and a sinus CT which also came back with no anomalies.

Just recently, I have begun having vision difficulties (spots, waves, blurriness, double vision), and nausea in the mornings that won't let up until the evenings. I can't eat a thing without feeling like I'm going to throw up, but then the evening comes and I'm starving and most of the stomach pain subsides... until the next morning. I feel like I'm having pregnancy morning sickness, but there is absolutely no chance that I'm pregnant.

I fear that I have a tumor as well. A doctor finally ordered a CT scan of my head so I'm waiting to find out what that might/might not reveal. The doctor suggested it might be migraines. Maybe but the headache occurs 24/7. My doctor also said that I shouldn't get too hopeful for an answer since there may never be one because the human brain is so complex and the human race is no where near understanding all of its complexities.

Life is hard, since I teach every day, trying to keep a smile on my face but really feeling like I'm not going to make it through. I'm hanging on to hope... waiting for blue skies to once again smile on me.

I have similar like ringing in the ears, dizziness, constipation, weakness in the body/muscles. I thought I'm going through a brain aneurysm, but that's not the issue. I'm not even stressed out or anything either for that matter. I'm 31 years of age and I don't know what may be the cause of these issues I'm having. Perhaps it could be something in or around the apartment surroundings?

the answer is meniere disease !
it make your ears ringing , block ears , dizziness ,Ringing got much louder ,off balance ,throw up ,,

i too suffer this symtoms too
the best thing is when it happen again sleep on one side of the bed were the ears hurt
and i use an ear plug and i have this symtoms for 5 years now just know then the attack are okay

hi i am a new comer and just came on too see if i could see what my symptoms were as they are really starting to annoy me now. i too am suffering with ringing and funny noises in my ears esp at night but is starting to come throught the day aswell now. i get ear and headaches frequently, feeling sick alot and very tired in the mornings, alot of dizzyness, hot flushes and very emotional. i am a mother of 2 and in thr process of moving home and suffer from depression and stress. i have been to see the doctor who has done numerous tests and keeps poiting it down to infection which doesnt seem to be getting anywhere because they prescribe me antibiotics which doesnt do anythin. recently i was referred to ENT who did detect a slight deafness in one ear and suggested no further action as yet, they just said that i might need an operatin sometime in the future???? in the meantime what am i to do?? im fed up, i have 2 small children live as a single mother and cant keep feeling like this all the time its affecting my children aswell. personally i think doctors just seem to fob u off as tey dont really kno what the problem is. also i have been suffering with bad stomachs inwhich they sent me for a scan and nothing showed up!! what is wrong??? laurie

I too am surprised at the amount of people, including myself with the same problems. So Fibromyalgia, Tinnitus, Acoustic Neuroma... We have all looked at these and thought the same thing as our Doctors and medical test results...Close but not the right diagnosis yet!
Other than all the same symptoms you all have posted I have one more to add, that may help us all. Maybe
I was 100 % symptom free until I moved to Ontario. I was previously living in a remote community on Northern Vancouver Island. It was relatively pollution free, but was 100% free of any type of Cell, Microwave or transmission towers. Could this be an environmental disturbance that along with growing allergies, pollution and dietary changes is aggravating our symptoms to the point of driving us crazy?
I would love to "hear" your thoughts on this. No Pun intended, but the ringing in my ears is bad enough that I where head phones for hours to help drown out the cicada's singing in my head.

I would love to "hear" your thoughts on this. No Pun intended, but the ringing in my ears is bad enough that I wear head phones for hours to help drown out the cicada's singing in my head.
Symptoms; Head Ringing, Mucus nasal thick drip down back of throat but nasal airway clear, insomnia 3/7,vision problems growing, sometimes taste Salt (overwhelming) short term memory.is BAD, loss of concentration when listening to instructions, names...forgot mine, well maybe not but new names...can't retain for 5 seconds..it's just gone. Change in sex drive..To the better, maybe I'll not look for a cure... But if this Cicada doesn't stop singing soon, I may not be able to work in an office with multiple people, it's hard to concentrate.
Funny how music helps!?