Hello, I am a guy who is 37 years old and I was recently diagnosed with Acoustic Neuroma. I want to know all I can about Acoustic Neuroma. Treatment is the thing which interests me the most.

Ok I will help you. First you should know that this is benign tumor. But it must be treated because it grows slowly and if it expands too much it can be life threatening. The cause for Acoustic Neuroma is unknown. The treatment can be observation, radiation or surgical removal. Surgery is the only way which removes the tumor completely. Radiation can only slow or even stop its growth. I know that there are 3 types of surgery, of which one type is the safest but the result of it is hearing loss in the affected ear. You should check with a specialist about your options.

Have already posted reply to some one else. I have acoustic neuroma. Small not causing many symptoms. The policy of medics seems now to be wait and watch if it is small and not growing. I dont want surgery or radiation. Bristish scoustic neuroma association will tell you about symptoms and risks of surgery. Have spoken to people who have had side effects from surgery, I am taking, on advice of experined practitioners echinacea, good quality 3x daily for at least 3 months, bitter apricot kernels, homeopathy from experienced homeopath. I am also doing meditation, positve imaging plenty of fresh air and exercise and healing. Good diet. I point out this is very much my decision after a lot of research. It is not for everyone and it may be if the tumour grows I will have to consider radiation. Surgery seems to have lots of side effects. I am told if the tumour is growing or past a certain size if must be removed.