Good day everyone. I am not feeling so good lately. I am divorced woman, 47 years old and I live alone. I don’t have no one of my family around me. I don’t have kids as well and I am alone. That means that whatever happens to me I can’t call anyone to help me. This happened to me yesterday and I am very worried about my health. I was cleaning my house and when I sat to take a rest a little bit, I had some weird double vision with tightness in the neck and jaw. I really hope that you can understand what I am telling you. I was reading about this on the internet and I saw that this can be heart palpitations. Or maybe it is something worse?

Hi there dear Guest.

First, you need to calm down. If you are nervous you can just harm yourself. Heart palpitations can feel like your heart is skipping beats, beating too fast, pumping harder than usual, etc.

Yes, you can also feel heart palpitations in your throat or neck and in your chest as well. It can occur when you are very active or when you are resting – there is no rule about it. It can also occur when you are sitting or lying down.

I think that you should seek immediate medical attention, especially if you have chest discomfort, chest pain, severe shortness of breath, dizziness, etc.

Do you have any of those symptoms?

Hey there.

I agree with MakeMeCoffee. You should seek the medical help right away. Nothing should stop you, not even the fact that you are living alone. Call 911, they will come into your house and they will help you to determine what is wrong with you. Maybe you are just feeling bad because of something, but those symptoms are not nice at all. It definitely can be heart palpitations. I don’t want even to think that this can be something worse.  

Do you feel anything else? Do you feel headaches, dizziness or something else ?

Please, keep in touch.

Good luck!

Hi there. I don’t know, I haven’t called my doctor yet. I was thinking that I need to get rest or to get sleep and that everything will be much better. But I was wrong. I woke up today and I had same that feeling in my neck. I also had this silly double vision and one more thing – I was sick as well. I know that I need to help myself because no one will but I really was thinking that nothing serious is going to happen. I was reading here that I can have aspirin just in case. Is this true? Should I take one? And if I don’t have heart palpitations what else could it be?

Hey there Guest. You are not serious, right? You still haven’t seen your doctor? May I ask why? It is so irresponsible. I know that you are probably very scared, but those symptoms that you are having for two days are not something that you should joke with.

Yes, all those symptoms that you are having are symptoms of a heart palpitations. And yes, maybe it is something else. You know what else can be? A heart attack.

Now, you should think again are you going to call your doctor to visit you or not.

You know our opinion….

Take care of yourself!