I had a medical abortion about three days ago, I have really light bleeding. Yesterday I had some pretty bad cramps but today I have none... My periods are normally VERY light and last about four days. For a normal period I only use a panty liner maybe a light sized tampon. I was told I could experience heavy bleeding, but I can't tell if it's heavy or not... about 12 hours and I'm not completly using a maxi pad... I have not had cramps yet today or anything. Is this normal?!

I had the same problem. If you will feel better, I had abortion two months ago, medical abortion and it almost stops and then hits me again! Like today, past few days I thought it will stop for good, but today I am bleeding and it is light red. After abortion I have check up - two weeks after abortion - everything was fine. Then after all this, I called again, and made an appointment and when I went there, they did ultra sound and dr. checked me and he said everything is fine. I am just bleeding because of stress, and I have a baby so I can't rest, like other can for example, I need to carry my baby 24/7 and all those things made my recovery slow. I wanted to call my gynecologist and schedule appointment for a second opinion but I didn't because I am soooo tired of all this, I am just mentally exhausted. I had to go to every single appointment, check up with my baby, and it was so stressful because he was crying there while I was on the table. And now would be the same if I go to my gyn. for second opinion, my husband works all day long and he can't take day off. It is so stressful and I hope it will go away soon. I don't know else what to do. And, I recommend you to take iron, I take it now and then, not every single day.

Good luck ladies.

Damn i just now had a medical abortion i think the worst part yet for me was holding those chalky tasting pills in my mouth i just took them at 1p.m. and its now 10 p.m. i havent even soaked through one pad at all not hheavy bleeding but alot when i go to the bathroom some clots not alot and not thhat much pain cause i took the pain pills they gave me i went to amy cousins i  hate planned parent hood never did but i hope i dont experience all what i c on here i hope i even passed the pregnancy!!! but i wish everybody luck!!

Hi Ladies, It's me again. 

I just wanted to say that all the BAD stuff which came with medical abortion is finally gone for me! I was bleeding all together 3 MONTHS!!!!! I met 3rd doctor to see if really was everything ok, I was just tired of everything. Everything was ok, just I had to took blood test so they were sure about everything. And, results were, my testesteron level was 0 ZEROOOOOO!!!! I had to take some antibiotics so my hormones were normal and than I got my period!!! Today, I am sooooo happy, it's been few periods after that long long story, which I hope will never repeat. Next time I am keeping the baby. 

And Ladies - I recommend VACUUMING!!!!! 

Good Luck to all. 

Hi. I'm having the same problem. I took the abortion pill March 22 and it''s May 8th and I'm still bleeding. I was having spots for awhile but I think I started my normal peroid this week. It's so annoying. I feel like it's controlling my life.

Did the bleeding stop for you, and when?

Thanks!

Hang in there, I've read stories of women bleeding irregularly for 2-4 months after the procedure even though they advertise 2-3 weeks (I think so women don't get scared away). The bleeding seems to vary, some days light some days heavy with extreme messy clotting. It just takes some womens bodies longer to correct itself after the hormone imbalance.

Some women have had success in starting to take birth control pills to put the bodies hormones back on track to stop the bleeding. Others who don't want to put drugs in their bodies use the herb Shepherds Purse to minimize the heavy bleeding (doesn't taste very good, can get it at most any natural store in liquid form or dried form and make it into a tea). Doctors tend to be anti-natural treatment and will usually give mefenamic acid (reduce menstrual flow 30% by causing uterus to reduce in swelling) or tranexamic acid (reduce blood flow 50%), though both can cause stomach upset. If your ultrasound showed your uterus was empty of tissue and no complications then the other option is to ride it out and one of these weeks the body should sort things out on its own. Gets expensive after a while having to buy a years worth of pads in a short time, and of course the annoyance is great since it hampers your lifestyle. Good luck to you, chin up.

I was told that I would bleed for around 3 weeks, then do a pregnancy test to check its worked, then I might get spotting up until when I have my next contraceptive injection (had 1st one on the day of the medical abortion) but after the injection it will stop.. Fingers x'd that's true

take alitras syrp

Thats exactly what happened to me but i was so young i didnt tell my doctor because i still lived with my parents. the doctors told me i have a blood disorder so i take birth control now. necon and it helps but i still bleed irregular. im scared to tell my doctors after all this time its been a few years but now im out of the house. ive been so scared after all this time that ive been alone. but now i feel so much more relife. thank you. 0

Hello Everyone,

I am a husband and a father of two. My wife and I decided to have a medical abortion because she has already had 2 c-sections and a tumor on her pituitary gland and our financial situation. She has not stopped bleeding for two months now and has had huge clots come out. I have read other stories and we also thought it was the period that came right after. Things should have resolved by now. We regret and it kills me that I even allowed thoughts to pass our heads to have the procedure done cause now it has become a daily reminder to what SHE mostly has to go through. I can never understand....only be there. I have to ask any of you have to re-take pills? Also maybe we all need to come together and talk with a lawyer in regard to this. Also I don't believe doctors from there will help. They don't care. Also no one here has had it resolve correct? 

Omg I feel the same way! All of these post medical problems is bothering even more each day mentally and emotionally..

Hello everyone i had a medical abortion its been 1 month and 2weeks ago as of right now. After my procedure i bleed for about 3 days light. About 6 days ago my period started back but it was very heavy bleeding than ever before never have i experinced bleeding like this before. I usually stay on my regular period 4 -5 days top. I have gone into my 6th day with bleeding and also blood clots when i use the restroom med size. So my question is would anyone recommend i be seen at the emergency room?

I dont hv ny advise can only share my present situation....I had a medical termination one month back which ws very painful traumatic experience. I did my ultrasound one week later nd the reports showed very minimal retained products and since my bleeding were still on, my doc advised that the retained product will pass out on its own in d bleeding and my bleeding will stop sooner..bleeding ws normal lik one or two pads a day...on very 17th day aftr termination, whn i ws still bleeding with mild cramps,i consulted my doc,she gave me birth control pills and told me dat it will stop my bleeding in next 4 to 5 days...i have a very taxing job and the stress led into increased bleeding..on 30th day aftr my termination whn my bleeding instead of stopping suudenly increased, i thought of seeing some other doc. I consulted another doc,she told me dat birth control pill should be taken from next day of termination.. since i strtd on 17th day it ws nt working on me...she calculated the dates and told me dat i have got my normal periods and askd me to stop taking any bc pills..its my 31st days of termination..since past two days m bleeding so heavily & passing large clots...my new doc told me dat it will reduce on its own like any normal period...i am jst praying it to reduce nd stop in few days...i never thot termination wll cost me so much...m taking my iron supplements daily... If any 1 have experienced d same situation plz advise whtr its normal and whtr il b alright soon... My life has nvr been so tragic..i feel so illinformed abt my situation by des doctors who seem to be doing wait n watch thing... The only support i have is frm my bf else had shattered by now...pray for me..

What did u ever find out?

I had a medical abortion a little while ago. Since I am in college, I couldn't tell my parents or any of my friends either. My boyfriend graduated the same year and had to move to another city for his job, so I was completely on my own. I naturally opted for medical abortion as vacuuming looked like a really scary option. I had very heavy bleeding initially and was really scared. 10 days later, I had an ultrasound and was told that I have had an incomplete abortion. I had to take misoprostol doses again along with iron, calcium and antibiotic medicines. 1 week later, I again had an ultrasound. Though everything was fine, I still experienced light bleeding sometimes. It stopped about a week of taking doses of tranexamic acid.I recommend going for vacuuming option, though I hope I never have to go through this again. All I have to say to others in a similar position is to HANG ON! I know it seems like the nightmare will never end but it does. Eventually. Hang on tight. Even if you have no one to about it, don't worry. It is a fairly common process and more women than you can guess go for abortion everyday. I hope in future the taboo around abortion loosens and women and girls can seek help and talk to others about the hardships faced during abortion more freely than on an anonymous online forum.