I had a surgical abortion 10 days ago.  For the first few days I had no bleeding or cramping after the abortion.  Then on day 4 I had some moderate bleeding and cramping that seemed normal and lasted a couple days.  But by day 7 the bleeding had slowed down significantly and the cramps got severe.  Normal over-the-counter pain meds didn't work at all, even in large doses. I went back to the clinic because they were worried I had some blood clots backed up and may need to have my uterus cleaned out again.  However, they found no back-up problem.  They noted that I have a tilted uterus which may make cramping worse when blood clots are being passes.  However, for the last several days I have had no bleeding and passed no blood clots but the cramps have gotten more severe.  I had to get a prescription pain meds to control the pain.  And I NEVER take pain meds, over-the-counter or prescription (I tend to have a very high pain tolerance). And often the cramping goes all the way down my colon to my rectum (which the dr thinks is because of my tilted uterus).  I don't want to have to go back to that awful clinic (and they are a 3 hour drive away) but am worried that the cramping is getting worse and I am not bleeding at all.  Is this normal?  If not, what could it be?  I have no fever or signs of infection.

Did you ever fond out what it was?

This sounds like a severe blood clot. Cask the nurse hotline. They may want you to come back in or go to an er..

hello, did you find out what it was? I had an surgincal abortion 2 weeks ago 14th jan (was a little over 6 weeks) and for the first 5 days there was no sever bleeding or cramping, very light infact. then the bleeding totally stopped and after that started cramping and bloated stomach. feel very tender on my abdomen. this is going for more than a week. i dont have fever or infection or any residue left after the surgery. when i call the clinic they ask me to take some painkillers, something for gas and ask me to continue with my antibiotics. just wanted to know if your cramping went away. i am ok during the day, i do have the bloated stomach though ( i look like i am still pregnant), but not sever cramping or anything, but by evening i feel is coming back and i take pain killers before i go to bed and get up in the middile of of the night in pain. your response will help me.

Were same situation.. After the heavy blood come out in 6 days i still feel the cramps i dont know what was this..

I had a surgical abortion (was just at 6 weeks), and I had no bleeding or cramps. Is this normal?

Hello, I had a medical abortion about a month ago. I felt back to normal after a couple of weeks but now another two weeks gas gone by and I have constant cramping and I feel bloated. Did you ever go back to get checled out?