my granddaugter, who lives with me, has been masterbating since she was two, she is now 3 and half. when we talk to her about anyone touching her, she'll either say no, or one of a few different names. she always includes her father. then the other day, out of the blue, she said she had a secret and it was "that when her daddy touched her, it embarranced her". I'm worried about how she'll be questioned or physically examined. So far I have been able to keep her father away, (not a hard task), she is my heart and I want to protect her at any cost.

What is the standard procedure once cps is called? What should I do? What is best for her? I need help with this one.

I am not completely sure, but I think she will be taken to a play-room/office where a psychologist will let her play and attempt to ask her questions. If you are concerned about it being her father, keep him away but don't ask you granddaughter about it too much. It is hard to get a conviction and you might get accused of coaching her. Get her to a cps assessment and the staff there will let you know how to handle the rest.

My grandaughter has been holding her bottom and saying its hurts. My daughter asked her pediatrician about this and she said it may be because it is time to potty train her. She is two and we are trying to train her.

I found this odd because she has no rash or sign of infection. And recently when her mother gave her a bath she said it hurts and then opened up her bottom and showed her. I also gave her a bath a couple of days later and she did the same thing to me and It shocked me because it seemed her bottom was opened to me larger than usual. So I brought it up with her mother and she said she thought the same thing. I asked her if she thought maybe someone was abusing her and said I been thinking about that too. I spoke to my mother which is the great gandmother and she said the thought crossed her mind also. What do you do in this case, when a two year old doesn't really hold a conversation with you that you can depend on.

CPS has different ways of questioning young children. When my son was in Kindergarten he was sexually abused by his step brother. (at his dad's house) CPS was called by several doctors my son had seen because of this. When they questioned my son they asked him certain questions that a child would understand as well as "showing" him (with their hands) what they meant by touching. If the child is complaining of pain or "daddy" touching them, it is VERY important to take them to the doctors and even call CPS. You can do this anonymously and the other person will never know you are the one that called. I would try speaking to the child and see if they can give you alittle more information. With my son, he was so embarrassed over the entire thing, that he wants me to speak to CPS and the doctors for him. I gladly did this so that he was not embarrassed! Good luck to you and I hope everything turns out ok!

Jeannine

Thank you Ms. Lafleur for posting. I am watching a little girl as a favor to a friend. Today when she looked "open" to me when changing her diaper, I immediately got scared! This is so sad. I called the mom, the dad came with her and the mother and I went to the back and discussed this. The baby did not look NORMAL! I have never examined a female, but common sense will tell you that a baby around the vagina area will be tightly closed, or should be. What made me look a little closer is because the little girl, peed on me while I was changing her. It looked like maybe a finger at least had been insides of her. (I apologize for how graphic this seems) But I have worked with infants and I know this is NOT normal. The mom was genuinely concerned but I have to wonder IF she had a clue! She was not upset with me, but she felt as strongly as I had that nothing could have possibly happened to the little girl. Realing thinking hard on this one.