I love her so much and her mother and I have become good friends. I talked to her because anytime i do anything with trinity, she crys. if i brush her hair, she crys and says i pulled her hair. she has said i push her, hit her, etc. and this just started. any advice ?

She probably resented you taking the place of her birth mother. You need to back off a bit. Brush her hair only when her father is around. That way she can't falsely accuse you. You are in a no win situation.

People have always said that children don't lie. But even babies lie! If you ask them if they have done something they will actually shake their heads NO! Even before they can really talk!' I used to think that before i became a mother. Then when my first son, lied right to me I think he was 1 I was like this o.O :'( Then it just kept happening!!!! It is a good thing that yourself and Trinity's mother get on well, this will help both of you when she starts playing you both against each other!! It is amazing what children can do - remember the Omen!!!!? ;-) XD I'm just kidding with you kindof!!! Then you have kids going through the terrible 2's, the trying 3's and the *ing 4's - that's what one lady said to me (she was all prim and proper and my mouth fell to the ground) but it's right.

There's an expression - "Show me the boy of 5 and I will show you the man!" And it is true, it is as thought they work out all the kinks (well till they turn teenagers) and at 5 are little grown ups. Ask ANY parent - truthful ones - if their child lies and the answer will be yes!

If there is anyway you and her mom can tell her that telling a "fib" can lead to people being sad! They seem to understand it! If she knows that you and her mom talk, she will quickly learn that neither of you can be hoodwinked and later on she wont try to play you guys against each other - which is also normal!

I used to say to my boys "Own it!" Meaning that I would give them a chance to back out of the lie and walk away dignity intact or face the consequences! I actually had VERY good outcomes with that, my youngest just turned 14 and I will know right away if he is lying. So I will say to him "TRUTHS?"!!!! He HATES it, but all of a sudden he says "OOOH I HATE TRUTHS!" And says the truth. It's quite funny actually. So Trinity should also learn that she can have a way out with the truth or face "hurting" people around her and making them sad! It's like a puppy biting on your arm, if you don't do anything they keep doing it, but if you yelp like a dog in pain they stop. It is showing them that they have cone too far!

I hope this gives you some insight into the little "darlings" behaviour!!! ;-) XD That's why a woman invented hair dye!!!!!! Good luck and stay firm and always open with her and her mom!

At least you and her mother are good friends because otherwise you should be very careful. She is a three year old so she's in a stage right now where she's being kind of a pain with a lot of people. I hope that you realize that it's not just you, but she is probably concentrating on you right now for whatever reason. My best advice is to not take it personally and make sure that adults in her life know that it's not true and that you're not alone with her. Keep us posted!