Hello! My daughter is 14 years old and she has swollen axillary lymph nodes. Actually, she has only one swollen lymph node and it is pea size. I am very concerned about this and I want to know what possible causes for swollen axillary lymph nodes are. I hope that you will know this. Thank you in advance!

Hello! I think that cause of swollen lymph nodes in your daughter’s armpit are hormones. She is in puberties now and her hormones are very active in this time. Also, could be that she has some infection in her hand, or her immunity just dropped down. Just because of prevention I think that you should take her to the doctor…

Hello there,

I believe that ruthie has a good point over here. My lymph nodes are usually swollen when my body is fighting some infection and sometimes they are very tender and painful. They usually pass on their own in about two weeks and you can make this process even faster if you improve your daughter’s immune (sometimes the swollen lymph nodes are consequence of low immune system) system. You can do this by making her eat more fruits and healthier food anyways and to cut back on junk and unhealthy foods.

If you see that after two weeks lymph nodes are still swollen than it would be wise to consult your doctor and see what is really going on but hopefully you will avoid this part.