Hi! Recently I cough up blood. Than I find some information about that. I know that name for this is hemoptysys. I am afraid that I a have some serious lung disease. I didn’t go to doctor, because I am worry what he will find out.

Hi! Hemoptysis, the act of coughing up blood, is an important symptom since it frequently reflects serious underlying lung disease. Because many of the lung conditions that are heralded by hemoptysis are treatable, the symptom requires systematic and thorough evaluation to discover its etiology. The first step in the evaluation of hemoptysis is to decide if it is really hemoptysis—that is, is the blood coming from the bronchial tree or lungs or from some other site? The most common causes are bronchitis, lung cancer, pneumonia, lung abscess, tuberculosis, bronchiectasis, and pulmonary thromboembolism. You know something about this disease. See your doctor immediately. There are treatments all this disease.