After long time trying to relief hemorrhoids, my doctor recommended binding. It’s just that they were too painful and swollen hemorrhoids. It is definitely I had to make this surgery. I want to know what should I expect what kind of surgery that is? Also are there some complications during hemorrhoid binding?

Procedure to remove hemorrhoids which are enlarged and bulging blood vesels in the anus and lower rectum is called hemorrhoid ligation or binding. Binding cuts off blood circulation to hemorrhoids, and it cause them to shrink and fall off. More then one hemorrhoid can be banded at the same time during that procedure. Risk factors and complications appear only if binding is performed for hemorrhoids that protrude and remain outside of the body. Before procedure of binding your doctor should make physical exam, rectal exam, sigmoidoscopy or anoscopy. There is used a specialized endoscope which is a tube attached to a viewing device. It helps doctor to examine the inside of the anus, rectum and lower intestine. Possible complications are infection, excessive bleeding, difficulty urinating. If there was used a local anesthetic, allergic or other adverse reaction to the medication could appear. Passing of the stool may be more difficult because of the scar. Also, remaining hemorrhoids may become swollen and painful and others may recur.