My name is Andra, I'm 27 years old and I have all hemerrhoids sympthoms. Few days ago I started getting itchy all around my anus. Also, if I would scratch the itch, it would hurt a bit. There was no bleeding nor pain but “just simple discomfort”. Anyway, yesterday I took another look and I saw two small pea sized blue bumps. They too do not cause too bad pain. I did some research on the Internet and all I described sounds like hemerrhoids (even though I have no bleeding, or real pain). Do I have hemerrhoids or is it something else??? Could anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

Dear Andra, the term hemerrhoids refers to a condition in which the veins around the anus or lower rectum are swollen and inflamed.
Hemerrhoids may result from straining to move stool. Other contributing factors include pregnancy, aging, chronic constipation or diarrhea, and anal intercourse.
Hemerrhoids are either inside the anus (we call them internal) or under the skin around the anus (we call them external).
Hemerrhoids usually are not dangerous or life threatening and in most cases, symptoms will go away within a few days.
The most common symptom of internal hemerrhoids is bright red blood covering the stool, on toilet paper, or in the toilet bowl. However, an internal hemorrhoid may protrude through the anus outside the body, becoming irritated and painful.
Symptoms of external hemerrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms. In addition, excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus may cause irritation with bleeding and/or itching, which may produce a vicious cycle of symptoms.
If you have most of the symptoms I mentioned above it is possible that you indeed have hemorrhoids and you can use the following two treatments to helpyourself:
• tub baths several times a day in plain, warm water for about 10 minutes
• application of a hemorroidal cream or suppository to the affected area for a limited time

Thanks mccahan!

Maybe I really do have hemorrhoids, but anyway threatments you suggested helped me and now everything is back to normal...

Thanks again and best regards!