Ever since I had waxed my pubic area one week ago, I had some pimple-like bumps. I think that this might be herpes. What are the signs and symptoms of genital herpes? Thanks

I have never heard that someone acquired an STD from hair removal waxing. Also, I am not aware of any cases reported in the literature. The risks are teeny, and possibility for them to occur is teeny. Also, your symptoms don't sound like herpes or any other sexually transmitted disease. Genital herpes is a contagious viral infection caused by the herpes simplex virus. Symptoms of herpes usually occur within 2 to 10 days of exposure. They usually involve small red bumps that can develop into blisters and open lesions. These bumps appear at the site of infection that can be in or around the vaginal area, the cervix, and the penis, urinary tract, around the anal opening, buttocks or thighs. Sores can also appear on other parts of the body and in its active stage are usually visible to the naked eye. If you are too worried the best thing for you to do is to go to your doctor. This way you will know for sure if something is wrong with you.