I have heard for problems with herpes, and I had it few times personally. Not so long time ago I have heard for genital herpes. This really interests me now; I would like to know something about this. Is it the same herpes as I have on my lips, or this is caused with something else? I would appreciate if you could give me some genital herpes info.

Herpes simplex is very common virus, mostly known as cause of sores on or near the mouth. Herpes can cause cold sores or oral herpes, which is what you had, and it causes the genital sores known as genital herpes. There are two herpes simplex viruses, herpes simplex type 1 and type 2. These viruses are very similar, and either type can infect the mouth or genitals, which is question you were the most interested, if I am not wrong. Herpes is spread by direct skin-to-skin contact, unlike a flu virus that you can get through the air. This means that you will get herpes only by direct contact, and that is, directly from the site of infection to the site of contact. For example, if you have a cold sore and kiss someone, you can transfer the virus. Similarly, if someone have active genital herpes and have vaginal or anal intercourse, other person can transfer the virus. In a first episode, the skin often becomes inflamed, and soon afterward one or more blisters or bumps appear, which first signs someone is infected with genital herpes are.