Hi. I'm 19 year old female and I'm very interested to find out some facts about these fever blisters.
Just recently I have developed one on the corner of my mouth and it isn’t the first time I'm having it there.
The thing is that I really don’t know what is causing them or how to treat them. One more thing. My boyfriend refuses to kiss me because he is convinced that these fever blisters are contagious. Can you believe this! That’s why I would like what is causing these blisters, how to avoid them and are they contagious?

Hi. I know some facts about these blisters you’ve mentioned. You see, they are usually caused by Herpes Simplex virus and there is no specific treatment for it.
The trigger for this condition in most cases is simple immune system drop. Cold sores usually run their course in 8 to 12 days! In some part of your life, you’ve infected your self and you will carry the virus to the rest of your life.
Your boyfriend was right- since cold sores contain the herpes simplex virus, if these virus particles are transferred to others they too can become infected. Probably the best thing would be to wait for these lesions to clear.