I apologize for the length and all the questions.. There's just so many questions and things I want to know..
Ok.. i have been doing a lot of research about this rash I have on my scrotum. It covers the majority of my scrotum and is pretty red. I really don't know how long I've had it (ive noticed my balls were more red than my thighs before but never realized it was a rash or whatnot) but didn't realize it was a rash until earlier this month after I had sex with my gf and I realized the skin at the very bottom of my scrotum was different then the rest where it is red. I know i've had some itching down there near the very base of my penis and top of my scrotum before, but about a week after having sex with my gf (who has only had one sex partner, and seems very clean) I noticed it was itching. After a few days I finally went in and got tested for STD's and everything came back normal and the doctor told me the rash was just jock itch. I have used Lotrimin on the rash for a 11-12 days now and the rash hasn't seemed to have gotten much better. I have never noticed any sores at all before. I did however have one lil red bumb right on a hair follicle about an inch and a half above my penis in my pubic hair area during my freak out time about the rash. It didn't seem like a usual pimple, but I was freaked those few days, cuz I thought I had something and paid extra close attention to it watching that area every couple hours. Anyways I popped it after a couple days and a lil puss came out like a usual pimple.
I'm starting to think i really do have herpes b/c the doctor did the visual inspection for herpes I believe and not a blood test, blood test was for HIV.
I do get relitively consistent lil head pains, and have for like 5 months. Part of it was mental tho, (my best friends mom had and died of brain cancer and I was having these pains so I was freaking out) b/c I ended up getting and MRI of my head to see if there was something wrong and everything was normal. After the MRI i still would get some slight pains but not even close to what I was before, just occassionally. The point there is ever since I've really noticed this rash I've freaked out and its seemed to itch more cuz I think about it a lot. But the past couple days i've calmed down more about it and it doesn't itch as often.
Facts: I have had six sex partners. I've used condoms every time except for twice (one with current gf).
I have only been sexually active for 2 years.
The one girl I was with and used a condom I woke up the next morning and felt a little burning at the very low base of my penis/top of my scrotum (very small area on left side). This was coming up on two years ago. I quickly went and took a shower and scrubbed hard (granted I realize it probably wouldn't do anything) but the burning had stopped not long after and I watched the area for a while and nothing seemed to happen. I do not recall wether I got sick after that or not.
I've never once had anything on my penis itself. I feel if I got herpes it was from that time when i had even used a condom. That could explain why it is on my balls and not my penis.
Also, this is a little weird but some of my hairs before and a little now on my balls seem to have a coating around them of what seems to be skin... Idk what that would be from but its on some of the hairs where the rash is.
questions:
If I have herpes, will the rash continue to grow and will it consume my whole area? Will it move on my thighs and up my penis and the whole area?
If I have herpes will the medicine make the rash go away?
I really don't have any major pains or discomforts with it, other than the rash.. what would the medicine benefit me for if I have it?
I read that herpes is usually worst on the first episode; is it possible that was my first episode with that lil red pimple bump?
If the infected area is my balls and I have had unprotected sex with my gf once, what is the chances she has it? would it be 100%? she says she hasn't had any burning/itching or redness. But she has been sick fairly often since Ive known her (september) and has allergies and has had runny nose/headache/sinus pains and stuff recently. Since she is so tiny (100 pounds), one sex partner before me, and I'm fairly good sized I didn't get all the way in when we had unprotected sex the one time, and 3 times protected to give full sexual history with us. I'm curious to her risk of having it now if I have it. Is my penis itself infected, if the rash is on my scrotum?
What are the health hazzards of not getting medicine, since its not really much of a discomfort? Could it cause testicular cancer or anything major?

Thank you for all your help!

Don't ask me!!

From what you describe, you may have nothing more than a yeast infection, which you can treat with over the counter medications. In some cases, feminine yeast remedies such as miconazole are more effective than athlete’s foot cures, so you may want to give that a try. On the other hand, if there is any concern in your mind, your best bet is to see a doctor, which is the only way to find out for sure. While the symptoms may not cause much discomfort, keep in mind that herpes (not to mention yeast infection) is highly contagious and can be spread to a partner even when no symptoms are present. You may also consider a penis vitamin crème (health professional recommend Man  1 Man Oil) to  support overall penis health and improve the appearance and sensitivity of the penis.

Good luck!

Michael, PhD

I have a history of diagnosed psoriasis (mild) with a quarter sized patch on my left shin, sebbhoric dermatitis in my scalp which itches and flakes bad enough to annoy me and affects parts of my face,  AND NOW, very similar symptoms on the ball sac, groin, and rectal area that has recently intensified to VERY aggravating proportions!!  The itch factor on a scale of 1-10 is a 10 and I've been applying Gold Bond Medicated Cream as a soothing agent for approximately 2 weeks now.  No one told me to use this, but it's the only thing that soothes the itch...  The strange thing is that the very 1 st thing itchy to appear on my body was a dime siztext itchy tender patch under my right testicle when I was in junior high school some 35 years ago...  Even before I was sexually active (17)!!  So I never believed what I had was an std.  however,  the condition moved around a bit under the ball sac over the years in varying levels of itch And size even affecting the penis.  It would flake on the penis and during masturbation would come off and using moisturizers and prescribed steroid creams would come and go... my doctors would always attribute the condition to the psoriasis. It was until this past year that my condition on the butt crack and groin has gotten extremely bad to the point of making me really worried.  I cant help irritating it because of going #2 and the wiping process puts me in a near trance using a wet wipe to get any and all debris but then turns into actually itching with the wet wipe...  After I catch myself and stop I then apply the soothing agent cream.  Yesterday I was perscribed triamcinolone another steroid cream.  Hopefully this works...   So yeah sounds like we got similar symptoms and concerns.  My girlfriend of 1.5yrs has no symptoms of groin rash or vaginal itch to speak of, but I have seen her deal w a cold sore before and we didn't have sex during that outbreak...  Occasionally I get a little bump on the inside of my mouth,  nothing there that makes me think I have herpes...  But who knows maybe i am carrying it?  My doctor has not diagnosed me with it..  Perhaps I need a second opinion....

in order to know if you have herpes you will need to get a blood test and ask to have that test done. I dated an ex boyfriend and after I dumped him I noticed I kept breaking out from time to time in the pubic hair area. I thought it may be from irritation from my cycle. I then thought what if this is herpes. Well when I looked at photos of herpes online they looked so severe I assume that this was not what I had because I am not breaking out so severly. So I let it go thinking my cycle was the cause. Well I just recently went to the doctor and got a physical on Sept 25, 2013 and had blood work done a couple days later. I received a call from my doctor to come in her office for her to tell me I had HSV-2 (gential herpes) I was devastated because I have never every in my life caught any kind of disease. My doctor told me that I must have had it for a while and not know it. I did tell her I was breaking out but did not suspect it was herpes. Now I would like to find that SOB and kick his ass!!!! So my symptoms were patches of rashy bumpes in different places, some had white heads, it itches very bad and sometimes it hurts and will last for about two to 4 weeks. If you are getting reoccuring rashes, bumps, etc... Please get checked for herpes because if you dont find out for sure and you do have it you may spread it to others or to other parts of your body which will then you HSV-1 oral herpes which can be seen outside the skin. I hope this helps you. signed devasted person willing to help others

I’ve recently had a one night stand without a condom and with in two days I’ve noticed itching and a very slight burning around my pubes but nothing on my penis and a little on the base of my testicles. I had a pimple like spot grow on my pubes close to my penis (didn’t look like a blister had no discharge) and it felt like an ingrown hair I shaved a week before the spot formed but still made me panic. 5 days after the intercourse the spot went and 6 days after the itching has calmed down but still there. Itching more when I’m in bed or working out I’ve been keeping a close eye on my genitals been checking them about 4 times a day and there is no noticeable difference