About two weeks ago I noticed what looked like a little razor burn between my legs. The little bumps didn't itch or burn, and I assumed it would go away in a day or two. However, the area beneath my vagina began to burn, but ONLY after sex, (my boyfriend and I no longer use condoms). I have no lesions, the red bumps (not blisters) are few and spread apart and give me no pain or discomfort. Being a really careful person however, I went to get it checked out after a week.

Turns out I have no common symptoms of herpes or any other STD, but I do have a tiny little paper cut thing below my vagina (probably what was burning after sex), which could apparently be herpes. But it could also be dry skin, (I sometimes get dry during sex).

My boyfriend who had told me time and again that he'd been tested before but came back clean actually said, after my doctors appointment while I was freaking out, he tested positive for Herpes (!!!!!!!) (doesnt know if HSV 1 or 2) while studying abroad. He was scared by a tiny white pimple on his scrotum (not a symptom of herpes right?), which is regular doctor told him probably wasnt genital herpes when he got home (despite having seen the positive test result!). The Dr. told him to just come back if anthing else happened, and nothing ever did (still not okay that he hid this). He hasn't had anything else happen for a year and a half and we have a very happy sex life. What else could this be? Could this be herpes? IM SO STRESSED AND UPSET!!!

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am just so confused and hurt by all this because I am so careful and I feel so betrayed. I'm so stressed, and I dont have another appointment until Monday to see if the Acyclovir is working...and after that I have to wait for the results of more tests...