one week ago i had unprotected sex. It lasted for quite a while, and my penis was chaffed/sore on the sides when i finished. I did not shower after sex as well. Three days ago, red bumps/pimples appeared in small groups where i was chaffed. I immediately went to my doc and he told me that i may or may not have herpes. He gave me some medication and told me that it should go away now if it is a bacterial infection. He told me to come back if i began developing painful blisters and he would treat me for herpes. I have no pain with urination, the red bumps/pimples do not hurt, i dont have any unusual discharge, or itching. Could this be some kind of infection due to chaffing/ not showering? Has anyone had a similar experience?

go see another doctor. A good doctor would never say "it may or may not me herpes" and just give you something without testing you. He should of tested you right then and there with a swab test, he would of had to of swabbed your outer skin on the penis or stuck a swab in your urithral opening. He is right in saying it could be a bacteral infection or it can be a fungus, otherwise known as "jock itch" and yes,..males and females can get jock itch on your genitals...and yes...you can get it from not showering enough. Take more showers, don't be nasty. My ex boyfriend had jock itch on his penis, and it was all red, blistery and it hurt to be touched. the only thing was there were no bumps so I knew it wasn't herpes. He had jock itch because he was gross and didn't shower enough. He had a cream prescribed to him to put on his penis and it went away.

Hello there I decided to write this post to you even though I do not have  a lot of free time and I had a problem called genital lumps. I was sexually active but I was sure that I almost every time had  a protected sex, and according to my confusion I decided to see a doctor in order to find some solution. Doctor told me that I do not have any sexually transmitted disease but he said that it is infection that I resolved in  one weeks. I think that it is serious topic and we should visit a dermatologist every time when see something unusual

I've been applying cream for jock itch for 3 days and they have only regressed a little with slight itching. Ive decided to wait another week or so and see if they develop into califlower (warts) or blisters/ulcers (herpes). I have been doing alot research lately, practically all of my free time and i have come across another posible condition: molluscum contagiosum. It's a pox that is commonly found on sexually active adults(on genitals) and school children (arms, legs, etc.) It is characterized by small papules/pimples that you can squeeze blood or white curd out of (which is what can differentiate it from warts). I was able to pop mine with the same results. Any ideas or similar experiences? Molluscum is contagious with skin to skin contact, but benign and your body flushes it in a couple of months.

i had an un safe sex 1 month ago with a lady, now 5 days a go i had a pimple type thing on the shaft of my penis. it is surrounded by red colour with little yellow in the center. i have applied a anti-pimple cream on it, now it is almost removed. i want to know if it is necessary to contact doctor or it was a normal pimple like on other parts of the body ... Has anyone had a similar experience? or plz. guide me wht to do ..

Herpes take 30-40 days to activate and show signs and symptoms on a person. If you had sex with a herpes carrying partner and you were exposed, you would not have any herpe type lesion on your genitals 3 days later. In the 30-40 Days you would have the itching sensation, then the blisters would appear. This being your first out break you would have a fever, burning urination, muscle aches and the obvious blister / lesion that would pop, be puss filled, then turn into a scab and be gone with in 2-3 weeks. Then you may not have another out break for a year or never. So go get tested just for good measure. You should be doing this anyway for all STDs if you are active sexually and not using protection. For you to be doing that in this day of age is playing Russian roulet. What you have is like a rug burn and is caused when you have sex and the lubracation decreases, you said it was for a long time. This is normal and will go away. Be smart and responsible! I know they say herpes is no big deal and it's not life threatening, but people who don't have it won't want to be with you. I can only imagine how frustrating and annoying that would be to have and explain to someone you meet and want to be with. That's would be a definite game changer and "peace out" for me. Dr. K burns Trauma / Emergency Room Physican.

The idea that it takes a long time to have a first outbreak is flat wrong. I received unprotected oral sex from a woman, and had an outbreak 3-4 days later. Redness, burning, painful urination and a fever/flu. It turns out it was only herpes 1, so it really hasn't been too bad. I do have some minor scarring, but no outbreaks in like 2 years or more. I did just get an infection in the same area after I went 48 hours without showering/washing the area. Literally the first time I ever went that long, and its very uncomfortable. If you don't have it, or don't know in enough about it, please don't comment and spread bad information!

Lmao i may or may not be a doctor