Hello, I seem to have high blood glucose levels. Hypers seem to be my problem. I'm a type 2 and I'm to understand that we normally have hypo problems. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm still very new to this as I was diagnosed about 2 months ago. I suppose it takes time to get everything to come together right. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to correct for high blood glucose levels?

I do exercise but I know I need to do more than I am. I have also been sick lately with a cold. In fact this is the second time in 6 months. My immune system doesn't seem to be what it used to be. Anything you could share would be well appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, It is very important to balance your diet, exercise and medication because without that your blood glucose levels will be off. You are still a newby, so be patient and give yourself a little more time to get the swing of things. There are a number of factors that can cause hypers.

Make sure to take your medication on time and make sure you take the right amount. You may need to talk with your diabetic manager to change your dosages. Make sure to take your measurement log with you along with what you have been eating. It is very important to follow your diet plan and I can't stress that enough. You need to eat the appropriate amount at the appropriate time. Chances are you're not getting enough exercise. This is very important for stabilizing blood sugar levels. The more you exercise the better you will feel. You said you had been sick with a cold. Being sick with a cold or experiencing emotional or physical stress can really wreak havoc on you sugar levels. I don't know if you're taking any other medications but that can affect how well your diabetes medicine works. Just try to relax and I know you'll get there. I which you the best of luck.