Hi, I am an amateur soccer player. Few days ago I suffered an injury of my knee. However, I continued playing since it didn't hurt that much. After the game, my knee started to really hurt. The condition continued and now I have no idea what to do. What if I won't be able to play again? I heard that this kind of sport injury can be cured by the process of rehabilitation. I have no idea what that means. Can you tell me something about it?

Hi, sports injuries are usually considered to be a bad luck. However, rehab can help you. The process of rehabilitation can involve a variety of medical professionals such as physicians, psychotherapist and trainers. They all play a part in the rehab process. The involvement of all three experts is crucial. They are all doing their part of the work but, in order to help athletes in the best way, a goal of rehabilitation is presented to the injured sportsmen and an education about their injury is processed. Since you are an amateur soccer player, your club may not have all the necessary experts. If that is the case, I would advise you to see a regular doctor. He will determine the type of injury and the right course of treatment so that you could continue playing when your injury is healed.