Hi! I will have hip replacement surgery. Tell me what I should do after surgery. Do you have some good advice for hip replacement recovery? How long are recovery and rehabilitation?

Hi! There are some advices for you. Most important for you is to follow the doctor’s instructions. Work with a physical therapist to rehabilitate your hip. Use a long-handled “reacher” to turn on lights or grab things that are beyond arm’s length. You must bay long-handled “reacher” I used one. Wear an apron for carrying things around the house. This leaves hands and arms free for balance or to use crutches.
You will be allowed only limited movement immediately after hip replacement surgery.
Because the new, artificial hip has a more limited range of movement than a natural, healthy hip, the physical therapist also will teach you the proper techniques for simple activities of daily living, such as bending and sitting, to prevent injury to your new hip. Full recovery takes me about 6 months. Good luck!