Hi, my father was so out of his mind when he heard that my brother crashed his car, that he started to hit the wall with his head and I thought he was going mad. How to control self-hurting in a stressful situation?

Deciding to quit self-injuring is a very delicate decision. It is much easier to decide than to make it happen. Life without scars and bruises is a challenge for these persons. It is suggested to start with inducing control over self-injury by choosing when and how much you harm yourself and by setting limits for your self-harm. I have a solid emotional support system of friends, family, and/or professionals that I can use if I feel like hurting myself. First, a patient must have at least two people whom he can call when feeling like self-hurting. Patient needs to be capable to speak of it’s problem with a few reliable persons and make a list of ten things which can be done instead of hurting himself.