My very good friend said that his dad is a Narcissistic person and that it has been very difficult to live with him. I felt sorry for him, but I didn’t understand who the Narcissists are. How does he know that? I mean how can you tell that someone is Narcissist?

Well, I’ll try to explain you. For example one of the most invidious things a Narcissistic person does is to challenge and attempt to change the personal reality of other people in order to have power over them. The Narcissist may verbally and emotionally abuse to achieve this. When someone doubts one's own reality and allows another person to be the keeper of it then one cannot think clearly about one's place in the world, one's relationships, goals, etc. In that case self-determination and a sense of control are lost and these are vital to mental health.