Hi Guys. So this is again an AIDS question. I was masturbating in my AC room. I touched a book near me and after that I ejaculated. I squeezed the remaining of the semen by touching the inside of the foreskin( I didn't touch the glans).I then noticed that the book was formerly near a ruler that did not belong to me. I picked it up somewhere. What if HIV virus lives in the scale. Would I contact HIV?

ok. not to be a jerk but i am about as little educated on the HIV virus as there is but even i know that hiv is a virus contracted through blood to blood transmission. this is why i believe its such a problem for intravenous blood users. the blood from an infected person is still on the needle when it goes into another users arm. im not honestly sure if the virus can be contracted just through contact with an infected persons semen. even if it can i think it has to enter the blood stream which means ud have to have an open sore or wound etc. i believe the virus dies when it hits the air. but long story short i wouldnt worry about catching itr from a ruler that a person with hiv touched. unless ur having sex with them or shooting up with them your fine. you can even kiss persons with hiv and not catch the virus. its in the blood not the saliva.