Hello everyone,

I had my leep procedure done last week, unfortunately the only time I could get an appointment was before the holidays. Its Thanksgiving today and I still feel awful and depressed. I don’t know how to explain this to you, but the memories from the doctor’s office while he was doing the procedure are still haunting me. I can bear the pain pretty well, but the smell of burning flesh … even though the whole thing didn’t last for more than 20 minutes, I feel like I went through a surgery without any anesthesia.

I know that this needed to be done, I was at CIN3 stage and leep procedure probably saved my life from cervical cancer, but why do I still feel emotionally so disturbed? I cry so often that I didn’t want the rest of my family to see me in a state like this. How long will this last?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Julie

Hello Julie... this type of procedure can be traumatizing to some females.  It isn't a pleasant type of thing to be aware of while it is being done.  Personally, I would've passed out from it.  I think you are having a normal reaction from the whole thing, but you can and should talk to others about it, especially women who have gone through it.  This will help you realize you aren't the only one who had a negative experience by the whole thing.  I don't think medical personnel are too sensitive to the fact that this procedure can be upsetting to the patient. 

Has anyone else who is reading this have the leep procedure and would be willing to talk about it?