Hey everyone. I think that I am the biggest jinx in whole world! I got this amazing job in Dubai (a lot of money, amazing ladies, seaside whole day) and I needed to go there - yesterday! As you can see, I am not in Dubai. I am still sitting in the Texas and I am waiting for the surgery. Or procedure. It is same for me so call it whatever you want to call it. OK, to cut long story short I needed to have exam before I go there, and they find out that my heart is not working so good. So, they told me that I need to have some balloon catheter procedure. Is insertion of Balloon catheter complicated procedure?

Hello. Well, I can tell you that you are totally right. I don’t know how I would feel that I was you. But somehow I still think that you are positive guys. Maybe we should drink coffee, because I live near Texas lol. I am joking, of course. So, let’s get serious. It is definitely not a comfortable procedure. Sure, this is a routine procedure but it is not nice to have it. It is not complicated you don’t have to be afraid about it. It is done very quickly as well. When you need to have this procedure? Do you need some advice?

Good day.

Here is how this procedure goes - during this procedure, there is a specially designed catheter with a small balloon tip that is guided to the point of narrowing in the artery. Once that this is in its place, the balloon is inflated to compress plaque against the artery wall and its stretch the artery open to increase blood flow to the heart. Maybe it seems like ugly and very complicated procedure, but basically it is not that complicated. They will give you anesthesia and you won’t feel a thing. I think that you will live normal life after this.

Good day everyone. I had this procedure a couple of years ago and I didn’t have any problems indeed. Of course, the only problem was because I was feeling unpleasantness and after this procedure I was in some pain. Sure, it was not big pain but I was not feeling nice. I just can't explain this procedure to you because I was under the anesthesia, but I remember that it was over for less than an hour. At least, I woke up than. So if you have any doubts, you should check with your doctor about it. Ask him whatever you need to know, ask him any question that you need to have an answer at. Good luck.

Good day there. Interventional cardiologists perform this angioplasty, and he opens narrowed arteries. During this procedure your doctor will use a long, thin tube called a catheter that has a small balloon on its tip. They inflate the balloon at the blockage site in the artery to flatten or compress the plaque against the artery wall. Angioplasty is also called percutaneous trans -  luminal coronary angioplasty as well. Nothing that complicated as you might understand from my words. Don't worry. I remember that my friend did this a couple of years ago and she didn't told me nothing bad about it. 

Good day there. Look, I didn't feel that good after this procedure and in this is definitely not a pleasant procedure. I had this done yesterday in the morning. And I have to say that I envy to people who done it very fast because it took me from 1 cm to 3 cm about three and a half hours. Once they do this insertion, it is uncomfortable. And I don’t know which doctor is giving anesthesia for this. I didn’t have full anesthesia.  But anyway, at the end I am glad because I done it. It is really helpful.