Hi -
I'm 16 weeks pregnant and have made the mistake of reading too much and making myself nervous with everything I read. However I came across something that says if you had leep then you are at greater risk of incompetent cervix and going into early labor. My dr. has never mentioned I could be at risk nor was I ever told of the risks of leep 10 years ago when I had this done. Has anyone's dr. made them take special precautions because of a previous leep or do I just assume unless something happens that I should assume everything is ok. I'm so nervous I would like to call my dr. and demand a vaginal ultrasound, etc.. but I don't want to sound crazy. Any experience with this? Just when you think you are not at risk for a miscarriage once the 12 weeks passes, then you go and read about this.
Thanks!

If it makes you feel any better, I had a LEEP procedure about seven years ago. I now have had two very healthy (8lb 14oz and 8lb 6oz) babies. The only thing that I believe may be a problem are rapid dilation or slower dilation during labor. It's the only info that I could find on the subject. My Dr. was not worried at all either. The only reason that I did some research was because both children were born without pain medication although I did need loads of pitocin to help dilate. After the second one, i started to wonder if it was from the procedure. who knows? However, I doubt that your cervix would be incompetent due to a normal LEEP.

Laurie, I knoe exactly where your coming from! My husband gets so mad when I get on the internet and read all that stuff then it just makes me upset! I too am 16 weeks pregnant. I had a LEEP done while I was 2 weeks preg cause my preg test came up negative at the pre-op. Whoops!!!! Boy were they wrong! My doctor didn't seem worried really either. So I referred my self to a high risk doctor instead. I haven't me with him yet though. I think Im gonna ahve to get my cervix measured more often but I don't care. I just pray everyday that its going to be fine and my cervix will saty strong! 10 yrs ago was long enough for you not to worry I believe! Just hound your doc with questions. I always do! Good Luck to you! ;-)

Hi Ladies,
thanks for your replies. I've had my cervix measured twice and it is nice and long. So, I'm told I don't need to have it measured again. They don't seem concerned either but one can't help but worry. Now you think I would be reassured and not worry, of course not. I guess I'll worry until this baby is born! It is good to hear you are all being told not to worry too, always reassuring to hear.