Hello! My daughter is seven years old and she suffers from chronic infection of tonsils. Her doctor recommended surgery. He said this was the best option for her. I am afraid of this surgery since my daughter is only seven and she never had any surgery. I don't know how bad tonsillectomy is? Will it hurt? How long will it take to recover?

Hello! It is necessary to have all information in order to prepare yourself and your child for the surgery. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor any questions regarding the surgery's procedure. The surgery is safe and effective and you should encourage your child to think of the surgery as the procedure which will make her healthier. Let her know that you will be close by. She will feel pain after the surgery but she will be prescribed narcotics which will relieve it. She will take antibiotics too. Don't worry; your daughter will be back to her normal activities after ten to fourteen days.