On a serious note, I have been suffering from halitosis since i was a child and i am now 27 years old 8-| . Im thinking about getn the surgery in the next few months. This c**p keeps me from being me. Its very heartbreaking and its killing my self esteem :'( . I am a flower thats ready to bloom :-D ! i do not talk face to face with anyone and constantly chew gum. I do not even like sex anymore! Has anyone had the surgery? Do you advise it?

I just found this site and found this same problem. Nobody ever told me that i have halitosis, but with how people are acting when im talking, i know i have. Im 29 now and im on my 9th day after i had my laser tonsillectomy. Dentist told me i have no dental problem at all. I went to ent and inquired about tonsil stones. She said those little things are the cause of my halitosis so i decided to have laser tonsillectomy. I just want to know, after you had your tonsillectomy, does your halitosis cured??? Thanks, pls reply...

My daughter is 12 years old and had tonsil stones. Her breath was absolutely horrible and after much research and prayer I opted for her to have a tonsilectomy to "cure" the problem. The surgery was in March and she had no more halitosis. Until about 3 weeks ago. (It is now November) The bad breath has returned with a vengence and we are just devistated. I have scheduled another appointment with her ENT that performed her surgery and will hopefullyprovide us with an explanation. I have searched the internet for hours and hours but I can find nothing explaining why this is happening again. The surgery was supposed to be the answer and now we are back to square one. I hope this helps in making your decision.

For those of you who are considering pulling your tonsils out I first recommend looking at tonsil laser resurfacing as an option. What that does is opens your tonsils up so that they aren't able to grow sulfur producing bacteria and makes the area more accessible to cleaning. laser resurfacing takes about 20 - 30 minutes and is a tenth of the cost of having a tonsillectomy. Not only is it shorter but the recovery time is a couple of hours as supposed to a couple of weeks. For more information about the procedure you can check out this website laser cryptolysis there you will find doctors in your area who perform this procedure.

If you have had any experience with ENT's then you know that very few of them are aware of what tonsil stones are and even fewer of them are aware of how to handle them.

Good luck!

Read, Pray, Pray more and then take action!

Omg im 21 n i feel like making relationships is way harder for me because of this halitosis thing.. You know ppl that are really gonna like u they do but most ppl just assume its bad hygine n are like ewwww.. When in all reality this makes me feel horrible n shy , n its not even my fault! I do everything, brush ,, rinse , floss n NOTHING works. I feel like even my love life has been affected many times. When it comes to that ppl are so mean n disgusted.. :(