Hello! My doctor recommends a glaucoma surgery. I have been having problems with high intraocular pressure for one year. At first the eye drops were effective and managed to decrease the pressure, but on my last few check-ups we noticed high pressure. Since I have never been to any surgery I feel strange. How long it will take before I go back to work after the surgery?

Hello! You haven’t mentioned which type of surgery you are undergoing to. There are two types: laser and conventional (filtering microsurgery). After a laser surgery patients can resume normal daily activities the next day. Your eye may be a bit irritated and your vision slightly blurry after but this is normal. After the conveniently surgery you should avoid driving, reading, bending and heavy lifting for few weeks. You are going to be advised to keep water out of the eye for one week.