Hello.

I promised myself I won’t be coming to this site anymore since my friends are telling me that I’m starting to be obsessed with my health. And I’m aware that they are probably right, but it makes much more sense to me to be obsessed with my health than to be obsessed with the things that they are obsessed with.

Sorry I’m more interested to know more about my health than to know more about which celebrity is using which lipstick.

Anyway I came here today because I have a question that is not about me. I wanted to ask you what are the risks of a silent heart attack?

Hello Adria.

Lately I can see that a lot of people are having problems with heart issues. I don’t know is this because of the weather or it is because this site has very good promotion on social networks. Offtopic: I found this site via Facebook.

Well the worst thing of silent heart attack is because it puts you at the bigger risk of having another heart attack. This another one can be fatal.

Having another heart attacks increases a risk of complications and that complications are hearth failures. After silent heart attack I suggest you to do an electrocardiogram.

I am not sure if you wanted to find out about the risks of a silent heart attack as in what can happen after you have one or the risk factors for it.

If you wanted to hear about risk factors i.e. what might lead to this, here it goes.

1. Smoking or chewing tobacco- it doesn’t sound serious but it can lead you to a silent heart attack

2. Age- the younger you are, the less unlikely you will have one

3. High blood pressure- of course

4. Lack of exercise

5. High cholesterol

6. Being overweight

7. Diabetes

Those are the main ones.

Yes, I completely agree with the comment above. Every single person that I know who had silent heart attack had one of these things going on. All of them were overweight, all of them with high cholesterol, all of them older, some of them smoking. My friend’s father had it and he also has diabetes. So you can sort of see the connection.

So if you are in one of these categories, do something about it. Exercise as much as you can, stop smoking, shape up and lose some pounds if you are overweight, reduce your cholesterol by eating healthy diet.

Everything you said is true, but you are forgetting one important risk factor there. What affects the patients most is family history of heart disease.

I’ve seen many people who live relatively healthy lives, go to the gym, exercise, lift weights, don’t smoke, don’t drink, eat healthy… And they still end up with some heart disease. It’s just something you can’t fight with, you’re gonna get it anyway. So we shouldn’t blame people for not taking good care of themselves, that’s not always the cause,

Of course, by living a healthy even those who have a tendency to have a heart attack can reduce it to minimum.

Hey everyone. Yes, all of the posts are true. Even if this attack is silent, it can be fatal. There are so many people who are having silent heart attack when they are at the work, when they are walking, watching TV, etc.

There are so many different risks such as – cigarettes, you are not active, you don’t exercise, you don’t eat healthy (you are eating junk food), you don’t sleep enough and you are stressed. I agree that sometimes the biggest cause is history of your health. So, if you have any heart disease you need to check your health all the time.

Good day guys.

Nice topic. I think that we all want to know what the risks of silent heart attack are. That is just one way to prevent it, right?

I need to confess you that I am reading a lot about this topic since my friend had silent heart attack while he was driving his car.

Blood pressure, cholesterol, exercise regularly and avoid smoking are the key points to prevent silent heart attack. Also, I am sure that you need to listen to your body because your body will tell you what is wrong with it. When something is wrong and different, talk to your doctor.

Good job guys. Those are risks of any heart attack. I remember that when my friend had a heart attack she didn’t want to quit smoking. Very soon she had another one. It was not silent like first one, it was hard heart attack. After that, she quit smoking and she started to do everything that she didn’t before – she started to walk and she started to exercise a little bit. But tell me, does it really need to happen something like that before you think about your life.

Wake up! Quit smoking, start to eat healthy and start to exercise.

Thank you all so much for your answers. Aurora Borealis thanks. I don’t know about that though. :) Maybe it’s nice for the people who haven’t survived one.

I was wondering why there are no replies since this is a very popular topic, then I realized I have a problem with my email. I don’t know what happened, I must have accidentally unsubscribed from getting mails from this site.

I’m familiar with some of these, but also learnt a lot of new things that I should keep my eye on.

It’s a person very close to me that according to all that you have said is at high risk of surviving a thing like this. I suspect that he already suffered one without even knowing.