Hello. I really need your help guys. When I had this ordinary test with my colleagues from my job, doctors told me that I have some potential to get one of the numerous heart failures. I was surprised because I am trying to live normal, less stressful life since I was sick a few years ago. Beside it, problems will never go away it seems to me. What are the risk factors for getting heart failure? is there anything that I can do about it?

I really don't want more problems in my healthy since I survived by luck there years ago. 

Hi there. The risks of having heart failures are always big, but you should give us more information. Why do you believe that doctors can just according to one look at your heart, according to one analyse tell you that you are at at the risk of having heart failures. Of course, just one, a  single risk factor may be enough to cause heart failure, but a combination of factors also increases your risk. But I don't know what to tell you more since you haven't give us a lot of information about your current health and your health history. 

Good day good people.

Aurora, I have to disagree at this one with you. There are a few factors that can cause heart failure and you really don’t need to know that much about her or his health issue and medical history to tell about those risk factors. Risk factors that can affect the heart and cause some heart failures are: high blood pressure, heart attack, diabetes, some medications that you use to deal with diabetes, coronary artery disease, etc. If you have any of those problems, than you are at the risk to get it. Check this with your doc. 

Thumbs up for your answer La Yl la. I couldn’t agree more with you than I am now. I am saying this because I am dealing with diabetes and I know that some diabetes medications can be a risk factor for getting heart failure, together with diabetes as well. The diabetes drugs rosiglitazone (Avandia) and pioglitazone (Actos) have been found to increase the risk of heart failure in some people and I was using this first one. Of course, it is very important one thing - don't stop taking these medications on your own, though because you need to discuss your doctor about it, just like I did.

Absolutely Guest. I agree with you because I do know some people who had problems with diabetes and diabetes medicines caused a heart failures to them. I forgot to mention some other risk factors as well. They are: sleep apnea, or when you are having problems to catch your breath properly while you are sleeping. Also, valvular heart disease are increasing the risk of heart failures. Viruses and some other infections can also damage the heart muscle which also can result with heart failure. I don’t want to talk about tobacco and alcohol. Obesity is also your enemy. That all can affect on your heart.