Hello there guys. I really hate to eat soy and basically I hate everything that is connected with soy. But I always believed that it is healthy and that it can help almost everyone who has some health problems. But yesterday on the market I have heard two older ladies talking about soy while some "incognito" lady was buying it. They started to discuss that soy raises bad cholesterol and increases heart disease risks. Somehow I refuse to believe it but who am I to tell what is good and what is wrong?

What do you think? Is this true? 

It is very important not to exaggerate with eating soy. If you are a new in eating soy and soy products, add it just a little bit in your diet program. Bit at the time. Do not eat just a soy, it is important that eat it a two or three times a week. The best way to cut saturated fat and lower your overall risk of disease. Remember that the best diet program is one that has a variety of foods, such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans, etc. That is definitely way better than exaggerate in soy products. Yes, it is true that a lot of soy can raise bad cholesterol.

Hey guys,

I've read dozens of articles regarding soy and I can tell you this: I came to the conclusion that the risks of consuming unfermented soy products far outweigh any possible benefits.

Notice how I said "unfermented". For centuries, Asian people have been consuming fermented soy products such as natto, tempeh, and soy sauce, and enjoying the health benefits. Fermented soy does not wreak havoc on your body like unfermented soy products do.

These unfermented soy products are nowhere near good. They are dangerous for you and your heart and can lead to a lot of different heart conditions and diseases.

Yes, unfermented soy products are very dangerous for you and your health. Not only can these put you at greater risk of heart diseases, they can also make you a lot more prone to breast cancer, brain damage, infant abnormalities, thyroid disorders, kidney stones, immune system impairment, severe, potentially fatal food allergies, impaired fertility, and danger during pregnancy and nursing.

Another unfortunate fact is that 80 percent of the world's soy is used in farm animal feed, which is why soy production is contributing to deforestation. Some soy propagandists have suggested that the solution to this is for all of us to become vegetarians, a reckless recommendation rooted in total ignorance about nutrition.

Hey MakeMeCoffee,

If I were you, I would definitely avoid soy and soy products. Not just avoid, I would completely stop eating them, you don't even need them in your diet. These are definitely not good and can indeed cause a number of different heart diseases and other conditions that Bee wrote above, those are all true.

The only soy products that you can eat are those that Health n Joy wrote above, the ones that Asians are using, Tempeh, Natto, Miso, and soy sauce. Although a lot of people like tofu, I'm afraid that it isn't good either and therefore you should try to avoid it.

Hello everyone. Well, I couldn't agree more about this thesis. Maybe soy products are good for something and maybe they are OK if you don't eat meat, but you should remember that soy can't be a good replacement for the meat. Never! So, I totally agree with someone in here - you should avoid it. Yes, it can raise a bad cholesterol in your organism and when the bad cholesterol is raised you definitely have a lot potential risks to increase certain heart diseases. So, avoid it. If you really want to eat it, do it once or twice per week. That is all.

Hello there everyone. Of course that it is true. I would not eat any of those soy products even if they were last on the planet. Personally, I don't like the taste of it and the second thing is that I have read a lot about it (since my sister was obsessed with soy) and that is when I find out that this is not that good as they say. I also read that it is pretty bad for the cholesterol and when I started to explain this to her, she didn't want to listen to me. Now she is dealing with high cholesterol, but she was eating soy products everyday. 

Hello there. Well, I didn’t hear this. I have heard totally opposite – that soy reduces bad cholesterol. I know that some researches have shown, that although eating soy-based foods can slightly reduce your low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol level, the American Heart Association has concluded that soy doesn't significantly lower cholesterol. But I agree with everyone that you should be very careful when it comes to eating soy products. Remember that eating soy-based foods can still be good for you because soy-based foods contain less saturated fat than meat does and also provide other beneficial nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals and fiber. Anyway, I would avoid it.