Hello everyone,

I have a question to ask. I don't really go to the doctor very often cause I don't really like them, to be honest. Doctors and dentists, it's just too much for me so I try to avoid them. I had to, however, see my doctor last week in order to do some tests and it turns out that I have some heart problems.

My doctor gave me a list with some diets in order to choose one that would fit me the most and I'm thinking about this diet called TLC diet. What do you think, can I start with this one?

Hi there Bee,

This isn't just a diet, it's more than that: it's a whole program for lowering cholesterol, therefore, it is good for your heart as well.

This program includes a diet, yes, exercise, weight loss, and not smoking. The doctor will recommend this to people even if they are using cholesterol lowering medications: these medications work better if you have healthy habits.

This diet allows you to eat meat, eggs, fruits, vegetables, low fat milk and milk products, sweets and snacks, but you have a limit in every one of these things. For example, you are only allowed to eat two yolks a week.

Hey Alan,

I like the idea behind this diet. I'm still calling it a diet, because my doctor told me that it is a diet. I would like it anyway if it did include the whole program with exercises and stuff, too.

Sounds like an awesome diet to me, I tell you. You said that it even allows sweets and snacks? How cool. Since you seem like you know a lot about this diet, can you tell me about the limits that you mentioned? You only talked about yolks, but I would really like to know about the limits of all the foods that you just mentioned. 

Hey Bee,

Yes, of course.

First of all, you have meat. You shouldn't eat more than 5 ounces total a day. That's about 150 grams. I told you about eggs already, no more than 2 yolks a week. Non fat milk and milk products, something like a cup of fat free milk a day, a cup of no fat yogurt and 1 ounce nonfat or low-fat cheese. You need to eat 2 to 4 pieces of fruit a day. Three to five pieces of vegetables a day. And, when it comes to snacks and sweets, you need to eat them within your calorie limit.

Hey Bee,

Alan gave you a good explanation about this diet, I know since I myself am using it. I got a few extra kilograms and a friend of mine recommend this diet to me to lower my cholesterol.

Anyway, I'm eating exactly how Alan explained it to you and it's not even hard, you get used to it in a few days. It is very important, as it comes with this whole program, to exercise every day. A person can never have enough of exercising. But once you talk to your doctor about this, he is going to give you all the info that you need.

If your doctor gave you a list to select from aren't you supposed to chose one? Why would you ask someone else if you should start with one? I think you are supposed to pick the one YOU like and think you can stick to.

Good day there everyone. 

When I was diagnosed with heart problems I did some research and that is when I have heard for the first time about this diet program. TLC diet program literally changed my life. I am sure that I would have some serious healthy issues without this diet program. Like Alan told you, it is more than a diet program. You need to eat meat that is good for your heart, vegetables and fruits and I believe that there is a good menu that your doctor can prescribe you. Also, you need to maintain your body weight and you need to exercise as well. 

Good day there.
This is not actually a diet program that is going to help you lose your weight. The primarily thing is to maintain healthy. This diet program is based on a few basic guidelines as mentioned down there and I also have found them on the internet.
• Intake of saturated fat should be kept below 7 percent of the total calorie intake
• Daily cholesterol intake should be kept below 200 milligrams
• Sodium intake must be limited to 2400 mg per day
• 25-35% of daily total calories should come from fat intake
• Calorie intake should be kept to a level needed for maintaining healthy weight
• Physical activity must be maintained regularly along with the diet, i.e. at least 30 minutes of exercise each day.

Good day there.

This diet program is actually a simple low fat menu program. People have varying degrees of success in lowering their cholesterol by changing their diets. This diet program definitely is going to help you.Those who are most successful using diet changes to lower their cholesterol are those who lose excess weight. Diet changes are usually the first step in lowering cholesterol before medicines are added.  The diet's main focus is to reduce the amount of saturated fat you eat, because saturated fat elevates your cholesterol. You can reduce the saturated fat in your diet by limiting the amount of meat and whole milk products you eat.

Hello there. Well, it is a little bit risky to start thinking about following some diet program without consult your doctor. I always say this. And I will tell this to anyone who asks me. We are not the same and our body is different from everyone's body.  This diet program is generally good, but it is not good for everyone's heart. Also, it depends on what heart problems do you have because not all diet program are for the same heart problems. Some of them are specific and they need other care and some specific diet program. Good luck. 

Hello everyone. When I was diagnosed with heart problems my friend told me that I should start with TLC diet program. I never knew about this diet program since that day. I was a little bit skeptical since i never followed any diet program without having any problems. She tried to explain to me that this is a lifestyle program and that I should ask my doctor should I follow it. He told me that I can try but if I see any problems or that something is different, I should contact him. So I have tried and I am still following this diet program. Good luck there.