Howdy, guys. My neighbor has recently visited a doctor and she was diagnosed a pituitary adenoma. This sounds very exotic to me and I haven’t got the slightest clue what it is. That is why I came here – to find out something more about these adenomas. Can anyone help me? Thank you if you can help.

Hi. Pituitary adenomas are benign tumors of pituitary gland. They are usually found with older persons. They don’t grow and don’t expend in some significant way. However, they can have a significant impact on a patient’s health. If the tumor becomes larger than inch, it can push and damage nearby structures of the brain. Pituitary tumor can suppress the remaining tissue of the gland and bring to lack of pituitary hormones which can be a larger problem. Some adenomas can produce hormones autonomously and cause other problems. They can have an impact on optic nerves. I hope your neighbor won’t experience so many problems. Bye!