I have a herniated disk L5-S1. I had surgery 6 months ago (Hemilaminectomy). It got a lot better but I am having problems again, not as bad as before the surgery. I had another MRI which confirmed that I have a herniated disk again (same place L5-S1). My Dr. suggested that I might want to try spinal decompression/traction as a less invasive procedure before I head back into the epidural and/or surgery again route. I've got a long spill from a Chirtopractor about the great results that spine decompression (~85%) achieves, but searching in the net, it sounds (a bit) like a quack... but I am willing to give it a shot... If anybody out there, with a similar problem, has any positive/negative experience I would appreciate... Thanks...

I did try the DRX 9000 for a few weeks - I think it was 6 weeks. I believe that the machine did ultimately help me. My problem esculated when the chiro. tried to adjust my fragile back and I ended up with another herniation! That being said, I would just advise that you make sure you are comfortable with the doctor - also, when I had it, it was not covered by insurance, and cost me about $4500.

Good luck to you.