My boyfriend and I have been dating for a few months now, and we are both 18. When we first started dating i knew he had a drinking problem before because he went to rehab. When we first started dating everything was great he didnt drink for the first two months of our relationship. When he did start drinking we drank casually, i thought everything is okay because he would only drink with me. But then he started drinking with old friends that he would drink heavly with. I thought everything would be okay but then he started freaking out on his parents and his anger was out of control. I told him that i dont think i could deal with any of this right now and he said he would stop drinking. which only lasted about a week. he was never mean to me, but he did threaten me saying if i was to break up with him he would kill himself. he just recently went to rehab and said he isnt coming back but he still wants to be together. i love him and care about him alot but not being able to see him kills me and i dont know how to deal with it. when i told him one night that i cant do it, the whole not seeing him thing he got very emotional. This is my first real serious relationship and i just need some advice on what to do. I dont have anyone to talk to because no one understands how i feel. If someone could just please give me some advice on what to do or just anything that would be greatly appreciated.

Well, if he really is serious with you he would've put in effort to stop drinking. Depends all on you. If u really think he is the one, stay with him till the end. Not because he threatened you

You haven't been with him long enough to say "he's the one".

The threats are typical of an alcoholic, don't let him manipulate you. You're too young to waste your life with him.

Unless you want to live like this for the rest of your life, GET OUT!!!

well if you love him I think you both should go to the therapist and sort out your problem and if that does work just help him to find a substitute let him try malt drinks so he'll have a little taste of alcohol :)