Hello. I'm a 26 yr old female who had been experiencing some very weird symptoms...Last week (Sunday) my bowels closed up on me and I've been fighting with constipation since that time (it's now Friday)..I am the type of person who usually has a B.M. twice a day and now I only get a small amount of excrement every day and that only comes out because I have been taking stool softeners. Also, I have internal hemorrhoids which have been severely effected because of all the straining I have been doing on the toilet. I did go to a doctor that told me that I should take milk of magnesia and suppositories to help this..I did the milk of magnesia thing for a couple days but noticed no visible improvement (I would have loose, watery stool in the morning and by noon I would be constipated and bloated again)..so I switched to a stool softener and suppositories...I am having small thin B.M.'s but still having to strain more than I think I should have to. The doc did take x-rays of my abdomen and the results came back as negative for any diseases..but I'm curious to know if perhaps I have diverticulitis...the only thing that has recently changed in my lifestyle is that because of life for the past couple weeks I haven't been able to get to my gym (and I have a desk job at which I work 12 1/2 hrs a day) but this was sudden so I am tending to think that perhaps it could be something else. I eat a moderate to high fiber diet (oatmeal bars, bean soups, etc) so I'm curious as to why this has happened as I have never in my life had issues with constipation.

Can anyone help me? I'm going to go back to the doc if I can't get this resolved...the stool softeners have helped with the bloated feeling and "full" feeling but I am freaked out because I've never had this problem before (or if I did it never lasted this long or was this bad)..I've gone on this site and took some advice of drinking lots of apple juice but it doesn't seem to help (just makes me pee a lot) and I've been drinking water like crazy with no success (except cleaning out my bladder)..
HEEEEEELP!!

..sorry, I forgot to mention something...my breasts also have been very tender and it's around the time that I should be having my period but it hasn't come..I know I'm not pregnant because the doc already tested for that so any ideas out there or any M.D.'s want to give some free advice or consults? lemme know please.

I use apple/prune Gerber baby juice. I use this because it is gentle enough for a baby it should be gentle enough for my sensitive gut.