By Hand

or

By Machine

"But I got HAND!!!" "You're gonna need em!!!" That's my answer.

Machine for plates, silverware and glasses. Hand for pots and pans.

at least a load a day here. If I am not emptying I seem to be filling.

It is a vicious cycle here.

I used a dishwasher for the first time when I was 24. I remember when my husband moved in with me he was shocked that I didn't have a dishwasher. Now that I've had one, I don't think I'll do without.

I too created very few dishes before getting married. It just seemed like such a waste to try to wash those Big Mac containers.

I do all of the dishes in our house, big stuff and Mikey's stuff by hand, all else in the machine.

I am glad you can't do without your husband

Yeah him too. I guess

Ever since we lived in Germany and didn't have one, we've gotten used to doing them all by hand.

Ours is used for storage.

Machine for plates, glasses, serving dishes, etc.
Hand for silverware, pots, lids, and stuff too big to fit in there.

I do 'em by hand, put 'em in the dishwasher rack to dry.... dishwashers seem like a waste of water and electricity to me.

If it can't go in the machine, it's not worth having in the kitchen. I'm my wife's worst dishwasher loading nightmare. It all goes in. Heck, that machine does wonders on tools or my hats. It's the absolute best time saving device I ever bought. We used to waste half an hour after meals doing dishes. Got the machine four years ago and everything gets loaded in a few minutes, push a button, and ride the bridge to the twenty-first century. Dang I'm glad ole Al Gore invented these things.

Dishes, silverware, and glass - dishwasher
Plastic, pots & pans, kids - hand (I tried to put the kids in the dishwasher, but they were not amused).

Dishes, silverware, and glass - dishwasher Plastic, pots & pans, kids - hand I tried to put the kids in the dishwasher, but they were not amused.
:LOL: that's one way to get them clean!