Hello, folks. My husband has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I know how this disease can be difficult, I have read many things about it. However, I see that something that also worries him is sexual problems that are usual here. Can anyone tell me something more about this? I will appreciate it.

Hello. I am afraid that sexual problems are common for people with MS. It can be caused by emotional problems. Facing the disease like MS is not easy. Imagine you have it. Many people can’t walk, let alone have sex. It can also be caused by physical factor. Nerves are the ones that are under attack here. Nerves that take part in sexual act can also be affected. I recommend you to discuss this with your husband’s doctor.

Hello. I agree that sexual problems may appear within MS patients. But, you shouldn’t just give up. When there’s a will, there’s a way! Your husband should exercise his sexual organs. Many patients feel numbness in sexual areas like in the rest of the body. These patients should stimulate these areas. A person with MS should talk to his partner. This is very important part. You should also try different sexual position. Different positions activate different muscles. Find the poses that suit you and your husband most.

Hello, guys. I totally agree with the previous post. You should encourage your husband to an active sexual life. Many women with MS are advised to use lubricants. You should also make a mental map of yours and your husband’s bodies. If you cannot make on your own, ask for help. Seek for a sex therapist. You should seek for the ones that are experienced in this field. I hope everything will be fine. Bye!

Greeting: Im a newbee,and currently dxd with MS. I believe It's secondary to another illness / disease called (TN) Trigeminal Neuralgia Bilat.
These two mimic one another, and are often a missdxd. Im in so much pain, physically, emotionally and mentally...wow it takes a toll on body , mind and can break your spirit!
Im blessed with a hubby who doesn't understand, yet accepts me for me...while others are skeptical, and don't care.

Sex is a big issue for me, as my face and head hurt all the time! kissing my family ..out of question it triggers excruciating pain. To feel my husbands breath upon my face, neck, ears, anywhere by my head is painful. Im being candid from a womans side of these illneses...from heavy drugs that cause side effects, and because Im menapausable, vaginal dryness is unbelievable....it hurts to think about having sex, much les participatong in the act. Lubricants do help, in moderation as they can cause infections.

Im usually on mdjunction.com, which has groups and it's more personal.
there I found alot of information and even found a new DR. they are awesome people there.

well, take care, god bless