Hi, I'm a 17 year old female and I am worried that I may have Multiple sclerosis,

My worries have risen from the fact my mother has MS, and a few other generations in my family also have the disease,
also i seem to be having some strange symptoms which are similar to my mothers before she was diagnosed.

-Slurred speech, seems as though i have a speech impediment sometimes, kind of like my words jumble up in the sentence..

-Im Really clumsy, i always seem to be bumping into things, tripping over things, dropping, losing grip, and even losing balance when stood still.

- Always have cold feet

I also was involved in a road accident 3 years ago, and since have been experiencing back pain, muscle spasms.. but surely 3 years on and after X amounts of phsyiotherapy shouldn't still affect me as much as it does?

Also, when i walk for a long time or stand for a long while, my legs start to buckle, my hips feel weak and i get pains and aches in my lower back.

I've always suffered with depression and severe mood swings, which to my knowledge is another symptom?

As well, a few months ago I started with a really painful headache, which didn't feel like a normal headache, It was like a shooting pain in the back of my head, and lasted 2 weeks until it went away, when i went to the doctors they just gave me pain killers and told me it may have been a result of bumping my head unknowingly..

Am i too young to get MS? and should I seek doctors advice or am I just worrying too much?

Comments appreciated, thankyou x

No, you are not to young to have MS. While it is not common, it is possible. You should seek a doctors opinion, not a florida doctor cuz they wont test you, and dont take I dont know for an answer. Plus you have a family history, so it is wise to get it checked and catch it early if possible. Your health is never to much to worry about, especially what you are describing. Best of luck in your search. Also, if you do go to a doctor and they test you/diagnose you, I would love to know where you go. I am currently dealing with almost the same exact things you are going through, starting from when I was about 14 (19 now) and looking to find a doctor who is willing to test me and listen.

Hi...my best friend fights MS since he was 13...but doctors foud out 2 years later...now he's 18 so we have searched a lot about gis situation...Most people have different symptoms...MS gives a lot but takes too...:/ Anyway...he told me there is a clinic in Britain which tries to find a cure for ms...Maybe first check the symptoms carefully and then go to the doctor...and remember that ms is hard to diagnose...:) good luck...:) I hope you're fine ^_^

I live in the US, but I am now going to John Hopkins Hospital to get tested for a few things. I fit for MS pretty well, but we, like you said renee, looked at the symptoms carefully, n now we r also looking to test for marphans disease. i can no longer function on a day to day basis without pain and suffering so I have to find someone who will test and treat. I will look into the medical hinhg in Britain too. Ide love to visit there.

Britain is awesome <3 U'll like it...!!! :D Have fun and take care...I'd like u to tell me the results when u re back ^_^

szarren wrote:

Eighteen years ago I developed twitching in my eyes that later was diagnosed as Blepharospasm also called Focal Eyelid Dystonia. It is a neuroligical disease of involunatary muscle contractions. I tried botox and after two treatments, stopped them. Several weeks later I learned of a natural, organic food that, six weeks later took away the spasms that later developed in my eyelids. At that time, sixteen years ago, I had spoken to a gentleman who had MS and no longer suffered with it from this same food. After trying to help others and not being listened to by many neuroligical foundations, I received an offer to have a study done at the Wilmer Institue of Johns Hopkins, which, after six years, confirmed my claims of safety and efficacy. But still the foundations would not listen and so after twelve years of trying, I stopped but was still near symptom-free. Now, with the internet, I have gone back with my efforts and now am helping the sufferers. I wish to help all who ask for my help. Steve Zarren 410-486-2525

I have twitches in my eyes, which drives me off the wall, as well as spasms and contractions of my musles all over. on top of all that i have times when from the hips down everything is numb. and a ton of other issues. I have been trying for about 4 years now(im 19) to get doctors to listen to anything i say, but still i get no answers and as time goes on, i am slowly getting worse and worse with every system in my body. I want to try getting up to john hopkins so that i can actually get tested for certain things, but i dont know if i can afford it now. can u possibly help and shed some light on what i migh have or going thru?