I have just been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I’m terrified and confused. I know how this disease can be dangerous. I’m so desperate because I think that I will never live normally. Is normal life ever possible with multiple sclerosis? Do you have any good advice for me? Thank you!

Well, it’s hard to say. It’s depended of so many things. I can give you one useful advice for beginning. Try to contact supporting group in your town. There you will meet so many people with same problems as you and they will tell you many things that can be helpful for you. I have MS for five years and I think I have normal life.

Hello there engracia,

It is very hard to give good answer to this question. First of all we are all different and certain things affect us differently so you never know how something is affect two different persons with same condition such as MS.

My mother, which was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago, had some very severe seizures in the beginning but now we are managing to keep them under control. And my friend, well she is a lot younger so maybe this has something to do with it have almost no symptoms at all.

I hope that you will be the lucky one and that you will manage to fight MS the best you can. Good luck.