Hi, I am having bladder problems, bladder infection, to be more precise. Symptoms are high temperature, pain, problems while urinating. This is all creating an annoying feeling that urine stays in the bladder partially. Tests showed I have Escherichia coli. Doctor prescribed me with motrin IB, so I am taking it now for a bladder infection with some antibiotics. Can you tell me something about it?

Bladder infections caused by Escherichia coli are very persistent. They return very easily and very often, because usually, therapy does not kill all the bacteria. To be eliminated, long therapy with antibiotics and taking a lot of fluid is required. Motrin is a drug that prevents the infection, by stopping the creation of tumor necrosis factor (important inflammation mediator). It is very important to take those antibiotics, because Motrin alone cannot kill all bacteria.