I am 45 and desperately want to have a baby. Everyone is telling me that I am too old for that but I do not want to give up. I have heard so many times about very old women having their babies. However, I have been trying for a long time and nothing happened. What can I do?

The last thing you need to lose is your hope. So, don’t give attention to the things people around you are telling you. I imagine that you have been tou your doctor and that he is involved with you attempt of trying to get pregnant. You need to realize the significance and the implications of changes that have occurred in your body. Ovaries contain over 6 million eggs at about the halfway point in woman's development inside her own mother's uterus. These eggs begin to disintegrate, or atrophy, even while she is still a fetus. By the time she is born there is only around 1 to 2 million eggs left in her ovaries. Disintegration and atrophy of the eggs begins to accelerate after the age of 35. By the time a woman stops her menses all her eggs are gone. A large portion of these eggs are not viable during these last few years, so the egg can be released but it cannot be fertilized. If it gets fertilized, it will end in a miscarriage because of chromosomal problems. Spontaneous and successful pregnancies after the age of 40 are less common, and after the age of 45 are rare. But they are not completely impossible. I hope that you will be successful in your attempt and that everything will be ok. Good luck.

i just turned 18 and have been secretly trying for years to get pregnant. the only thing i want in my life is a baby. theres nothing i would want more. since it hasnt happened i have been wondering lately if something is wrong. i just found out i have the hpv that can cause cervical cancer. im having a colposcopy in 2 days for it. i dont know who i got it from or when i got it. i dont know if thats why i havent gotten pregnant. if i find out i can never have kids i dont know what i will do. adoption just wouldnt be the same. im wondering if anyone has any encouraging words.

I do not want to sound redundant or "unsympathetic" however you are only 18 years old. As a former teen mother (I was 17 when my 1st was born) I'm saddened by the fact you have been trying for years to have a child. Do not worry so much about having a baby now, get your life and career in order first. Being a mother is extremely hard work, especially when done young. Do what is best for whatever child you want to have, and be able to provide them the best life you are possible. You have another 27 years to have a child, take the time to be a young woman and gain the responsibility and knowledge you need later to take care of your child.

i understand how you feel i have been trying when i was 16 years old with my first boyfriend now im 21 and still trying i dont have nothing but my weight and health have not been great it will happen for you i know it will