I'M 55 YRS OLD, HAD TUBAL LIGATION 20 YRS AGO..I HAVE BEEN IN MENOPAUSE FOR 1 YR WITH NO PERIODS...I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY...WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET PREGNANT? ? XD

being that your in menopause.. i doubt you can. you can have the tubal reversed if you just got them tied not cut or burnt? and you'd have to probably see a gyno to find out if you even can conceive. my question, what would make you want to have another baby at your age? not that i'm saying your too old. i don't think anyones too old to have a child. but obviously you didn't want one or anymore at one point. all i'm saying is make sure you want a baby because you want a baby. not becuae menopause is hitting and you will no longer be able to make that decision. good luck!

The woman has a similar situation to mine, over 55, wants to have a baby. She was asking for information, not judgement. That was hurtful. Obviously she has a reason and the reason is none of your business. Be sure to be compassionate and sensitive with women who want to have babies, no matter their age, no matter if they can or not. You know nothing of their history.

I think the fact you have reached menopause and have not had a period in a year means you no longer produce eggs.

As for the first reply, not everyone decides to have a c-section, I had mine after my 5th baby, I had 5 c-sections and my uterus has a few problems and I was very high risk of a uterine rupture if I were to get pregnant again, that was only 18 months ago I had my tubes tied, and although I dont want another baby right now, I regret having my tubes tied, even though I know it was the right thing to do.
I am only 30 and will porbably not reach menopause for another 20 years, that is 20 years of regret I have to live with, but I know having a reversal would not be safe.

some people dont realise not everyone decides to finish having children, some people the choice is placed upon them and htey can only wish things were different for the rest of their lives

hi iam 52 and i want to have a baby after iam in menopuase is ther any chance to conceive? iam in good health but just need a baby as my husband need my own baby