I had protected sex with an unknown HIV status partner, after we finished i used my hands and remove the condom and then washed my hands with ordinary water and also washed my penis but i have ulcer in my penis. Please if the person is HIV positive can i get HIV?

Hey umar I am not sure how long the virus lasts but if you touched the outside of the condom to the tip of your penis or on the ulcer or touched the ulcer or tip of your penis with your hands after touchhcing the contaminated condom theoretically you could contract HIV.  More concerning is this ulcer... what does it look like? How long have you had it and how did you get it?

I had ulcer one time when i robbed my penis in my wife body just to cum while i was with my boxers, after doing that i noticed that i had some wound. My wife is pregnant and she could not do it that was why i did such things. My doctor prescribed an ointment to me and it is almost healed when i had that sex. I had that sex on the 23rd of this month but as am talking to you now the ulcer is gone. Thank you

Ok as long as you know what caused the ulcer that is important ... glad things are healing

Sorry i mean on the 23rd of February not this month. Also am not sure whether my sex partner is HIV positive but am just in doubt. I will surely go for test after 12 weeks of the exposure. I am not finding easy this days because of the trauma i am facing, or do you think is there any means of verifying the result now? Thank you for attending to me.

What trauma are you talking about ? And is HIV prevalent where you live? When did you have this unprotected sexual encounter? Does it burn when you pee or do you have any pain in your testicles or any discharge from your penis?

I am talking of psychological trauma. HIV prevalent where i live is low, i had this unprotected sexual encounter on 23rd February, 2017. Neither do i have pain in my testicles nor discharge of anything from my penis. Note i have complete protected sex and removed the condom successfully but after that i washed my hands with just ordinary water and also used same hands and washed my penis. Now my fear is that i have unhealed ulcer in my penis!!! Which i know the cause. As i washed my hands with ordinary water is that enough to clean my hands and washed away all mess?

Hi, No response from you again.

Hey sorry I was pretty busy last night and today.... where are you from? I think your concerns should be pretty low. Based of what you told me it sounds like your chances of getting HIV are really low... to ease your mind you can take an HIV test now and then repeat it in 6 months if you have the money tondo that. Alsonyounsay a big fear is this ulcer that is not healing..... I thought you told me the other day that your ulcer is nearly healed.

My ulcer has completely healed now. There was absolutely nothing in my penis as am speaking to you right now.

Ok well I'm glad your penis is healed.... do you have any other questions or concerns?

My concern is i will like you to find out the duration at which HIV virus survive in semen outside host. Sorry hope am not bothering you. Thank you for your time. More over can i have your email address for further discussions?

Hey there from what I can find there have been no documented cases of HIV transmission from semen or other bodily fluids outside the human body. You should be totally fine