I went to a painn magmt dr yesterday for the second time. I took a urine the first visit and there was nothing said about anything in my urine that wasnt suppose to be. I went back 18 days later and tested positive for methadone . I took 40 mgs once about 10 -12 days ago. She discharged me and told me should cant prescribed medicine. my question is. how long does methadone stay in your sytem. I only it that one time, I have another appotintment with another dr. 2 days after her test. I am worried about it coming out positive?

Somewhere I read that in urine test, methadone can be detected from 3-7 days, but that is something that is individual, it can vary from person to person, from test to test, and it also can depend from the amount of the taken drug. It all depends upon age, weight, mind set, and health condition of the examinee. Apart from that, the dosage of the drug, its quality, and period and potency play an important role during the drug test. The half-life of drug is just 24-36 hours, and it may remain in your system from 7 hours to 52 hours. A drug takes 4-5 half lives to get expelled out of your system completely. It is always better for the person to stop using methadone two weeks prior to suboxone treatment. I hope this will help.