Hi, folks. I have a friend who is HIV positive. He has been experiencing some problems with haemophilus infection lately, so I would like to know something more about their mutual relations. I hope someone could give me this answer. Thank you in advance for all your replies. Bye and thanks once again.

Hi, there. Haemophilus influenzae is a Gram-negative coccobacillus. There are 6 types of this bacterium. It can cause many diseases. The most common ones are sepsis, pneumonia and meningitis. It can also cause joint infections. I would also mention cellulitis, osteomyelitis and epiglottitis. I wouldn’t know the details for patients with HIV. I hope someone else will. Good luck!

Hello, guys. I have a friend who has been diagnosed with HIV. He has pneumonia quite often. At first, doctors didn’t know the exact cause. However, they did some analyses. After some tests, they saw it was caused by Haemophilus influenzae. Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole is good for this infection. However, there is some level of resistance within patents with HIV. I hope something will be done with your friend. Good luck to him. Bye!

Hello, everyone. I have also heard about Haemophilus influenzae. My brother in law had Haemophilus meningitis. Later, we have found out that he is HIV positive. I guess that the weakness of his immune system is the one that caused this severe infection like meningitis is. The treatment is very difficult. It all depends on the condition of a patient. You know that everything depends on their lymphocyte count. I hope your friend will be fine. Good luck!