How long does it usually take for foot sprain to heal? I had the injury 3 weeks ago and I still have pain in foot when walk. I can not normally drive car and can not even think about playing basketball. Doctors told me that it wasn’t so bad at all and that it would heal completely. Is it going to take 3 weeks more or even few months more for it to heal?

It is absolutely individually, the period that is needed for one to heal completely after the injury. I’m sure that it has to take about at least 2-3 months for you to feel comfortable running or playing football and basketball. As long as you feel the pain in your foot, don’t press it, it won’t get you good. You should treat your foot with some creams or gels, like ben-gay for sport injuries is. I had knee injury 2 years ago, and it took a year for me to feel ‘normal’ again. I used supplements of chondroitin and glucosamin because they help sprains to heal faster.