My meniscus is torn for a while now. In the beginning, I was feeling OK, I was not in (huge) pain, I was fine. To be honest, this is something that bothers me for two years I think and I really believed that I will be healed totally. But, guess that this is not correct...or it takes more time than 2 years. So, do you know how long does it take for a torn meniscus to heal without surgery? Did you have a experience with this? If you did, please let me know whatever you think that I need to know. Tnx in advance. 

Celebrity

Hello. How are you now? It all depends on the one important thing - in what condition your knee is. Generally, some statistics say that your meniscal tear will commonly take up to six or eight weeks until it is fully healed. But, in some cases, it just can't happen, so in that case, meniscal tears will require surgery. I would recommend you to consult your doctor and your physiotherapist, as well, because both of them will guide you as to what is most likely for your knee injury. Sometimes, because you are not able to walk, it will affect your mind. But, you really have to be strong in this one. 

A couple of days ago I was reading some comments from some runners in the forum. They usually have an issue with an ACL tear injury, so I can say that they do have pretty much experience in this one. Generally, meniscus tears can occur with trauma, some damage in sports that you are playing or even some easier shapes. It lasts for six weeks at least. Anyway, one thing can make you believe that this issue was gone - sometimes pain will go away. But the problem remains, so you need to visit your doctor in order to see what are the next steps. Don't do anything on your own. 

I agree, between six and eight weeks, but it also depends on the situation of your injury and one your doctor diagnoses. But you need to remember that you also need a non - surgical treatments, that are basically focused on reducing the pain and swelling that accompanies a meniscus tear. Usually, it means that you need to take some inflammatory drug such are aspirin, acetaminophen, or ibuprofen. I am sure that your doctor will give you some of those. But also, you need to observe the injury - maybe you need a surgery and in this case, you should not avoid it. 

hi. I am a professional basketball player. at least, I was. I did one really stupid mistake and I got this problem. I think that I will never be able to forgive this to myself because I had a little bit of alcohol and I wanted to score. that was a mistake and there it comes - this meniscal tear that is a very common injury. the surgery was not an option for me because I wanted to play basketball again. even if my doctor told me that I am risking, I didn't want, because I believed that the bigger risk is to do this surgery. well, I have decided to choose non - surgical treatment with all of those exercises and medications. it took about 5 weeks but I need to confess that I am not the same guy anymore. I can play, but not as I was playing before. there is no day that I am not asking myself - what about this surgery, would this surgery change something? I don't know...Don't rush, that is my advice. think about every option.